Senior Software Engineer - Green Card or Citizen only
- Posted: over a month ago
All positions will be required to be on-site (Washington, DC-717 14th St, NW, Washington, DC.) Tuesday-Thursday each week, able to obtain/maintain a Public Trust clearance, and within the MAX rates (below).
Senior Software Engineer
The ideal candidate will apply fundamental knowledge of HPC systems and contribute to technical projects using creativity and imagination. The position supports the Research staff in leveraging the client's HPC (Amazon Web Services Parallel Cluster and EMR) to run complex Python jobs utilizing large amounts of financial data. Responsible for liaising with the Research staff, providing user training, and assistance.
Specialized experience must include all the following:
- Experience with Python
- Experience with R
- Experience with Presto
- Experience with PySpark
- Employ complex software engineering methods using industry standard software development practices and modern programming languages and operating systems
- Develop a range of applications including scientific, graphical user interface, database, and visualization applications
- Lead in the requirements definition, analysis, design, implementation, debugging, testing, and optimization of computer programs on HPC platforms
- Design, implement, deploy, and maintain software systems using object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques
- Lead in the fulfillment of technical projects and organizational objectives functioning as an effective team member and possible team leader on multi-disciplinary teams
- Engage other developers and stakeholders frequently to share relevant knowledge, opinions, and recommendations
- Manage multiple advanced parallel tasks and priorities of customers and stakeholders, ensuring deadlines are met, while leveraging team member's skills
- Provide solutions to complex problems that require in-depth analysis of tangible and intangible factors
- Experience with Amazon Web Services Parallel Cluster and EMR
- Experience with Resource Managers such as SLURM, YARN (Hadoop), Torque, Condor, PBS, Sun Grid Engine, or equivalent
- Experience supporting statistical or research applications such as MATLAB, STATA, SAS, Mathematica, or similar
- Experience solving challenging code and script design optimization problems
Education & Experience
- 10 or more years of IT experience
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computational Science, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Expert level experience developing software with either Python or R within Linux.
- Significant experience with source code control systems, such as Git
- Expert level knowledge and significant experience developing HPC software including distributed memory computing with MPI
- Expert level knowledge and significant experience designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining software systems using object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques
- Significant experience providing innovative approaches and applying new technologies to broadly defined tasks and projects
- Knowledge of massively-parallel computing and one or more associated parallel programming interfaces, such as MPI, OpenMP, or CUDA
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills needed to effectively collaborate in a team environment, present and explain technical information, document work, prepare and present successful proposals and high-quality research papers
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
IT Hub Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at IT Hub Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?