IT Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
IT Group NW Technical Assistance Center
Our Technical Assistance Center, or “TAC”, is a team of experienced professionals who truly love helping people and are dedicated to fast and friendly service. Our clients expect and deserve exceptional quality support, so we only staff this particular team with experienced IT and MSP professionals who can hit the ground running from day one.
Members of our TAC team have the freedom to take ownership and pursue support cases without having to refer to complicated escalation workflows or send work away to other departments. This is where experience is key. By hiring people who already have support experience, we are able to support each other and our clients in the best way possible.
This is not the right position for everyone. This position is deliberately designed for well-qualified professionals who truly enjoy doing this kind of work. People who dread picking up another phone call or roll their eyes at the sight of another support case need not apply. To be successful here, you have to care, and it has to show!
- The ideal candidate for our TAC truly enjoys working with people. This is the most important trait you need to have. If you don’t love helping people or are looking for something more “behind the scenes”, this is not the position for you.
- This is not an entry-level position, and your knowledge will be extensively tested during our interview process.
Work Location, Travel
- This is primarily an in-office position with flexibility for some work from home opportunities after productivity is determined. We are very team-oriented, and our team works best in the office together.
- This position does not require travel to client sites.
Primary responsibilities are handling incident and service request tickets for:
- Microsoft business technologies including Windows 10 and 11, Windows Server 2016+, Azure, Microsoft 365, Exchange Online, Office, Teams.
- Various line of business software titles such as QuickBooks, Sage, AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam.
- Business-class networking equipment such as switches, routers, firewalls, modems.
- Network connectivity including WAN, LAN, WiFi, VPN.
- Office equipment and peripherals such as printers, scanners, copiers, monitors, etc.
- Smartphones and tablets (minor).
- Documenting steps, solutions, other helpful information.
- Occasionally assisting account managers with project work.
- Engaging in elective e-learning opportunities.
- 5+ years of experience supporting business end-users via a technical support position.
- MSP experience isn't required but is hugely advantageous!
- You must live or be immediately planning to live within 30 miles of Tigard, OR.
- This position is primarily in-office at a powered sit/stand desk.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds.
- A valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance and reliable transportation.
- Clean criminal background check.
Interested candidates should be comfortable supporting any of the following areas, the more the better:
- PC hardware and peripherals
- Microsoft Windows 10+
- Microsoft Office 2016+
- Microsoft 365, Exchange Online, Teams, Azure AD
- WAN, LAN, WiFi and VPN technologies
- Internet security (E.g., anti-virus, spam and phishing, firewall, content filtering)
- Remote Access (E.g., Remote Desktop, TeamViewer)
- Virtualization (E.g., Hyper-V, VMWare)
- Common Windows Server Roles and Features (E.g., DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policy, Routing and Remote Access, Remote Desktop Gateway, Hyper-V)
- Microsoft NTFS and ACL best practices
- Business-grade printers, scanners, copiers
Benefits and compensation:
- Starting salary to be determined based on skills and experience.
- All employees receive company-paid medical insurance (employee and family), dental insurance (employee and family), life insurance (employee only) and long-term disability (employee only) insurance.
- Paid time off for six major holidays.
- Three weeks of Paid Time Off each year (combined vacation and sick time).
- Retirement plan (SEP-IRA), completely company-paid upon reaching 3 years tenure.
- Charitable donation matching!
- Reimbursement for certification training materials and exam costs.
- Monthly team-building events.
- Christmas bonuses.
- Occasional merit-based bonuses because our team members deserve it!
We support a wide range of small businesses in various fields including medical, financial, contracting, law, manufacturing, architecture and engineering. There's never a shortage of new people to meet and new things to learn!
IT Group NW
13535 SW 72nd AveTigard, OR
Get fresh Call Center Help Desk jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.