Who we are:
IT Direct is a Hartford-based Information Technology consulting firm that helps our partners leverage the power of technology to reach their business goals. We have developed a strong bond with our clients and a reputation for responsive, high-quality, efficient work.
IT Direct provides its staff with a dynamic, positive, and high energy work environment. We are proud to have been listed as one of the “Best Places to Work in Connecticut” by the Hartford Business Journal for the last three years as well as recognized nationally as one of “The 50 Best Places to Work in 2016” by Inc. Magazine. Inc. Magazine has also recognized IT Direct on their Inc. 5000 list for 6 years, a list of the fastest-growing privately held companies in the US. Additionally, we have been recognized as one of the Top 40 tech companies in Connecticut for 5 years. We know that our success depends on how well we serve our clients, and that this level of service will be determined by the quality of people that make up our team. As such we expect, and accept, only the best.
What We Are Looking For:
We currently have an open position for a part-time Marketing Assistant (approx. 24 hours/wk), working out of our headquarters in West Hartford, CT. Our Marketing Assistant is a critical part of the marketing department at IT Direct. This person will be responsible for executing several events we host for our clients and prospects throughout the year, maintaining our relationships with local industry associations/trade groups, setting up speaking opportunities for our team, and helping with other marketing tasks where needed.
Once hired, the successful candidate will be responsible for these results:
- Managing relationships between IT Direct and our selected industry trade groups including handling membership requirements, interacting with representatives, scheduling the IT Direct team to attend events, and promoting speaking engagements.
- Planning and successfully executing IT Direct client/prospect events with the support of our team.
- Identifying additional opportunities for IT Direct and its principles to get in front of their target market including through media engagement, speaking opportunities, and more.
Who you are:
You are a detail-oriented self-starter who takes ownership of your job responsibilities. You communicate effectively with teammates, clients, vendors and other outside resources. This position requires the following skills:
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong understanding of prioritizing tasks, with the ability to shift priorities when needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working regularly with C-level executives
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- High School diploma or equivalent required, associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Career development and coaching
- Fun work environment!