Who we are:
IT Direct is a Hartford-based Information Technology consulting firm that helps our partners leverage the power of technology to reach their business goals. We have developed a strong bond with our clients and a reputation for responsive, high-quality, efficient work.
IT Direct provides its staff with a dynamic, positive, and high energy work environment. We are proud to have been listed as one of the “Best Places to Work in Connecticut” by the Hartford Business Journal for the last three years as well as recognized nationally as one of “The 50 Best Places to Work in 2016” by Inc. Magazine. Inc. Magazine has also recognized IT Direct on their Inc. 5000 list for 6 years, a list of the fastest-growing privately held companies in the US. Additionally, we have been recognized as one of the Top 40 tech companies in Connecticut for 5 years. We know that our success depends on how well we serve our clients, and that this level of service will be determined by the quality of people that make up our team. As such we expect, and accept, only the best.
What we are looking for:
We currently have an open position for an IT Director/virtual Chief Information Officer (vCIO), working out of our headquarters in West Hartford, CT and reporting directly to the Vice President. This is a client-facing, office-based position. The vCIO’s principal role is to provide planning, budgeting, and strategic direction to our clients in relation to information technology and systems. This position focuses primarily on the business relationship with the client and leveraging technical resources to improve their operational efficiencies. Client satisfaction, contract renewals, and uncovering additional sales opportunities fall under the realm of the vCIO.
Providing IT leadership and planning for a diverse group of clients as well as being the internal champion for each client within IT Direct through the following:
- Conducting regular status and business review meetings for each client to understand short and long term business goals
- Creating, presenting, and implementing annual technology roadmaps, budgets, and reports for each client
- Communicating potential risks related to cyber-security, network security and industry specific compliance
- Identifying new opportunities to use technology to streamline business processes
- Overseeing internal support and engineering resources to ensure successful delivery of services to clients
- Educating clients on current technology trends relevant to their specific industry
- Providing technical guidance, counsel, and direction for all individuals on team, as needed, to resolve technical issues
Who you are:
You are a strategic thinker with excellent communication skills and a strong technical background. You work best in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. You are able to work well both independently or with a team of experts. You enjoy the challenge of solving practical problems while handling a number of variables. You confidently present your ideas to high level executives and can share your expertise in non-technical language.
Requirements for the position are:
Education and/or Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in server hardware and network infrastructure including design and implementation
- 3-5 years management experience including preparation of IT strategic roadmaps and budgeting
- 5-10 years of experience with Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications
- Previous project management experience
- Prior experience in a Managed Service Provider or IT Consulting environment preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized
- Able to work on and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to present confidently to C-Suite or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with teammates, management, clients, vendors and subcontractors
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb stairs or balance;and stoop, kneel, crouch.
- The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus including spending long amounts of time in front of a computer screen.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee, on occasion is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- Must have the ability to concentrate in a distracting environment and be adept at multitasking.
- Must have ability to have fun with teammates and be an active member of our workplace community
- Must understand the work hard/play hard mentality, where expectations are high but teamwork is everything
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Quarterly Bonuses
- Progressive PTO
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability available
- Tax deferred retirement plan with company match
- Career Development and Coaching
- Fun work environment!