Secretary III - DEA - San Juan, PR
IT Coalition Guaynabo, PR
- Posted: over a month ago
JOB TITLE: Secretary/Administrative Assistant III
GOVERNMENT AGENCY: U.S. Department of Justice - Drug Enforcement Administration
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time/ Permanent Position
LOCATION: Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
AVAILABILITY: 2-3 months pending adjudication of Dept. of Justice Security Clearance & DoD Secret Clearance
SALARY: $13.48/hr + $4.22 per hour Health & Welfare used towards ITC's benefits plan. If not used towards benefits, H&W is deposited in a 401(k) account on the employees' behalf.
***Important: Please read the job vacancy carefully before applying. Any key requirement(s) not met will automatically disqualify you as a candidate for this position***
Manages a full range of administrative work, integrates office automation duties, the usage of varied computer software, and provide clerical assistance such as typing, proofreading, filing, and organizing documents.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of software applications and office practices and skilled in applying such.
- Performs complex office automation duties to include producing a variety of reports and charts, tracking suspense actions, creating specialized databases, and preparing presentation material.
- Manages the processing of program and project documentation and related actions.
- Oversees the documentation tracking system and monitor internal routing procedures.
- Serves as a key technical assistant in support of the office functions.
- Conducts special research projects of limited scope to facilitate the review and analysis of various management and program analysis issues.
- Gathers, evaluates and compiles a variety of data and information to report progress or to explain problems.
- Coordinates extensive office support services for specialized or unique program or office needs.
- MUST be a United States Citizen
- MUST be able to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance (positive credit history, no criminal record, favorable employment history, no history of illicit drug use)
- 1+ years' experience performing a wide variety of administrative functions in support of agency personnel, to include but not limited to, answering and directing inbound telephone calls, scheduling meetings, managing calendars, greeting guests, recording meeting minutes, preparing excel spread sheets, drafting and editing memorandums, letters, and other forms of correspondence.
- Scheduling Experience
- Effective communicator, oral and written
- Experience working under strict time constraints in a time sensitive environment
- Experience with developing and managing budgets preferably in a government environment
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities at any given time
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel
- Must be a fast learner with superb analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to protect and safeguard sensitive government information
***Applicants selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility and suitability requirements***
Health, Dental and Vision, 401(k), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 11 Paid Federal Holidays, paid vacation after 1 year of service, 7 days Sick Leave
IT Coalition, Inc. is an information technology and consulting company focused on servicing the needs of the Federal Government. IT Coalition's mission is to apply earned expertise in information technology and information assurance/security to assist this client in achieving its mission. IT Coalition is located in Alexandria, VA and offers outstanding compensation and benefits plan and a challenging and rewarding professional work environment.
IT Coalition, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and will not discriminate against any application for employment on the basis of age, race, color, gender, national origin, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military status, disability, or sex including pregnancy and childbirth or related medical condition or on any other basis prohibited by law.
BusinessView all jobs at IT Coalition