Administrative/Accounting Specialist - DEA HQ - Arlington, VA
- Posted: March 05, 2023
JOB TITLE: Administrative/Accounting Specialist (Data Analyst)
GOVERNMENT AGENCY: U.S. Department of Justice - Drug Enforcement Administration
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time/ Permanent Position
POSITION TIMING: Position requires a DEA clearance which can take 4-8+ weeks to process and MUST be complete before candidate can start working.
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
***Important: Please read the job vacancy carefully before applying. Any key requirement(s) not met will automatically disqualify you as a candidate for this position***
- Pick up and distribute correspondence for multiple offices within the Division
- Prepare packages and tracking of FedEx and USPS for multiple offices within the Division
- Review documents and Scan invoices for the Fiscal Unit
- Send out copier reports
- Provide support tasks for the agency property custodian as the property custodian assistant
- Complete agency fiscal documents in financial management system for the purchase of equipment
- Attend meetings and report procedures as requested
- Review documents for accuracy and approval
- Manage the agency time and attendance program via an on-line financial system (WEBTA)
- Perform filing tasks as required
- Assist with completing various other agency reports
- Provide support for annual budget preparation and annual audits
- Provide support on the distribution and tracking of agency equipment
- Assist with mailroom duties
- Perform other clerical and administrative tasks as assigned
- MUST be a United States Citizen
- MUST be able to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance (positive credit history, no criminal record, favorable employment history, no history of illicit drug use)
- 1-3 years administrative experience OR Bachelors' Degree in Business Related Field
- Familiarity with reviewing vendor invoices for payment of goods and/or services, ensuring requisite documentation is provided.
- Familiarity with the obligation of funding for the payment of invoices.
- Experience working with a financial management system in the payment of invoices.
- Effective communicator, oral and written
- Experience working under strict time constraints in a time sensitive environment
- Experience with developing and managing budgets preferably in a government environment
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities at any given time
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel
- Must be a fast learner with superb analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to protect and safeguard sensitive government information
***Applicants selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility and suitability requirements***
IT Coalition, Inc. is an information technology and consulting company focused on servicing the needs of the Federal Government. IT Coalition's mission is to apply earned expertise in information technology and information assurance/security to assist this client in achieving its mission. IT Coalition is located in Alexandria, VA and offers outstanding compensation and benefits plan and a challenging and rewarding professional work environment.
IT Coalition, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and will not discriminate against any application for employment on the basis of age, race, color, gender, national origin, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military status, disability, or sex including pregnancy and childbirth or related medical condition or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at IT Coalition
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?