REMOTE POSITION WITH SOME TRAVEL
The Company's Public Cloud Services is a practice area within Ensono focused entirely on the architecture, professional services, delivery, and automation required to run mission-critical applications on Microsoft Azure (Azure) and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The Public Cloud Consulting team focus is on providing thought leadership and delivering high-quality solutions to meet modern business needs to our Clients. This role is for an experienced and motivated technical leader who possesses both public cloud technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. Successful Practice Leads help our clients take on their biggest problems with creative, business-focused technology solutions. In this role, you be accountable for the day-to-day management and leadership of the AWS and Azure consultants within the US who are responsible for engage client business, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review operational best practices, and delivering cloud-powered transformation.
- Act as the primary lead for the Public Cloud Consulting resources, practices and collateral in the region.
- Manages quarterly practice P&L, including ensuring metrics are met for revenue, profit, delivered margin, and backlog of service hours.
- Leads Practice Consultants and Contractors, including ensuring billable utilization is met, handling escalations, and reducing previous practice attrition.
- Manages Public Cloud Consultants to ensure sales pipeline growth and increasing gross profit (GP) per deal.
- Ensuring that best practice for the technical consulting discipline is adhered to.
- Liaising with project teams and clients during initiation and other key stages of a project, advising how to apply best practice and how to engage with the client.
- Providing feedback to product management and engineering where improvements to the product, tools and process would assist implementation.
- Identifying process improvements, training needs and practice initiatives to assist in implementation and management
- Ability to lead technology or business scoping or strategy sessions with our Clients
- Work with other practice leaders (PMs, Solutions Architect, and Business Development Lead) to provide guidance on skill focus and skill development
- Support client facing solution discussions, presentations, and sales efforts
- Up to 10% travel maybe required
- Technical cloud knowledge on design, migration, and ongoing managed services
- Deep understanding of cloud computing, adoption strategy, transition challenges
- Familiarity and some experience with cloud native containers and serverless functions
- Experience with blueprinting and automation of cloud provisioning and maintenance
- Working knowledge of DevOps specifically supporting CI / CD environments
- Work with clients on delivering their cloud strategy
- Strong experience in migration methodologies and assessments
- Assist in presales activity and solution development
- Billable utilization
- Cloud Architecture and migration skills and experience
- Understand across cloud components (network, server, storage, security, applications)
- Ability to produce engagement deliverables and presentations
- Articulate a strong technical expertise
- Experience in application, and data center technology
- Ability to engage with clients in a consultative manner
- Business operations experience (e.g., invoicing, SOW, margins, utilization)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Must be independent, self-motivated, a self-starter and possess a good working attitude
- Professional communication, presentation, analytical, whiteboarding skills, and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of the architectural principles of building on the Azure and AWS public clouds
- High degree of confidence and poise.
- Client focused and results driven
- 7-10 years of IT implementation or delivery experience with public cloud services
- Conducting design workshops with customers to gain the information necessary to architect the solution at both high and low level
- Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to cloud-based enterprise IT
- Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services
- Working with Client’s DevOps and SecOps teams
- Building and troubleshooting the solution
- Transitioning into support
Years of Experience Desired/Required
- 7-10 years of IT implementation or delivery experience
- 5+ years working in an IT Professional Services or consulting organization
- 5+ years of direct people management leading a team of consultants
- 4-Year College degree or equivalent work experience
Certifications Desired/ Required:
- Certification(s) in Azure and AWS, required
- CKA Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Designing and Implementing DevOps Solutions
Why Work Here?IT Accel, Inc. is a New York-based IT placement firm committed to the development of contract and permanent technology professionals. Our placement services provide top IT executives, IT managers and technical professionals to some of the world’s most respected corporations. Your competitive edge depends on how well you combine the latest technology with the most equipped and talented staff persons available.
Awesome company, great team, career growth