- Posted: 1 day ago
- $24 Hourly
Position Title: Finance Specialist
Departments: Finance/Business Services
Reports to: Finance Supervisor
Compensation: $24 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Confidential role, primarily responsible for completing timely and accurate finance and business service related functions in a thorough and timely manner. Additionally provides executive assistance and special assignments in support of Finance, Human Resources, Case Management, and CareerSmart Learning divisions.
Private Office Space.
Finance Department-Essential Job Functions:
- Proactively track and analyze accounts receivable status.
- Performs routine reconciliations between QuickBooks and other operational software to ensure accuracy of data.
- Assure routine and timely QuickBooks entry and bank deposits of cash, checks, EFT, ACH, and credit card funds using ISYS’ software for electronic transactions.
- Travel to corporate banks to make in-person deposits as may be necessary.
- Coordinate with corporate credit card holders and organize credit card transactions to ensure appropriate budget categorization.
- Document, reconcile and itemize corporate credit card statements consistent with corporate policies and ensures that all transactions are accurate and were approved by management.
- Perform receipt reconciliation for corporate credit card statements and collect missing receipts from other departments as needed.
- Fields invoice related questions and inquiries from customers.
- Make as needed invoice adjustments, process customer credits and create journal entries as needed to correct records.
- Audit A/P invoices and provide timely and accurate A/P administration and documentation of business expenses into accounting system.
- Enforces accounting policies and controls and ensures expenses for all departments are tracked and approved, remain within budget and are allocated into the correct class and category, consults with the Finance Supervisor on any required exceptions.
- Maintain current and accurate vendor information for payment and 1099 purposes.
- Provide Accounts Receivable team with customer payment status updates in a timely manner as requested.
- Travels to the off-site PO Box to collect incoming mail daily. Processes and distributes incoming mail in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Perform confidential administrative tasks and research and complete special projects at the direct request of Finance and Business Services.
- Communicate proactively and ensure the Finance Supervisor remains consistently informed and up to date on all department matters.
- Maintain high level confidentiality and professionalism in all functions.
- Makes proactive recommendation for streamlining or automating processes to enhance quality and efficiency.
- Perform all duties with ISYS’ best interest in mind and in compliance with related laws.
- Duties may vary or involve other Executive Department assignments, as they may be reassigned as needed to meet executive organizational functions.
- Participate in knowledge and skill enhancement employee development programs as authorized by the Finance Supervisor.
- Assure timely and accurate data entry into accounting and related database.
- Finance related filing and organization of documents in electronic files.
- Communicate with ISYS employees and customers in a polite, courteous, positive and responsive way.
- Creation and upkeep of collections and finance related excel spreadsheets.
- Acts as primary backup to the Finance & Payroll Administrator with CSL deposits, CSL collections, and expense report reviews.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills/literacy, and internet proficiency, with expertise in the Microsoft suite (specifically Excel) and QuickBooks.
- Excellent mathematical ability.
- Accounting skills, knowledge and compliance with accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent English language skills, speaking, writing, reading, and the ability to present information in an articulate and purposeful manner with consideration of all pertinent details.
- Thorough understanding and familiarity with GAAP.
- Understanding of financial reporting requirements.
- General knowledge of ISYS company policy and best internal practices.
- Willingness to learn, ask questions, and obtain more general or specialized knowledge in Finance and/or Human Resources, as needed.
- Polite, courteous and professional communications in all situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to listen attentively, follow direction, and respond appropriately to sensitive matters.
- Proactive research and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to conduct simultaneous responsibilities with strong organizational skills and prioritization.
- Ability to adjust work schedule when required/requested.
- Trustworthiness in all areas.
- Understand ISYS’ Mission and Vision; and practice the Company’s Values.
- Ability and willingness to act ethically, wisely, and prudently; to verify all work by double or triple checking, recognizing errors and addressing them appropriately.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assess the broader aspects of a situation while remaining attentive to the details.
ISYS SOLUTIONS INC
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?