The position will manage execution of all agreements and contracts including pre and post award administration and compliance. The manager will provide a vital role in administration and compliance of the NASA/CASIS Cooperative Agreement. The department manages activities for contracts, grants, procurements, and other funded or unfunded agreements or sponsored research.
The manager will oversee the contract department operations and direct staff who manage contract activities, including proposal preparation, negotiations, administration, the development and approval of file documentation, and customer engagements.
The manager will protect the company and provide proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with legal and company requirements.
The manager will support business development efforts and manage contracts, grants or other agreement discussions, leveraging knowledge and skills to deliver fresh insights and support optimal decision-making for subcontracts and procurement consistent with best practices
· Ensure contract responsibilities are compliant with policies and procedures and business strategies for new business opportunities.
· Draft, edit, review and negotiate contracts, sub-contracts, grant agreements, MOU’s, other correspondence or legal documents.
· Manage contracts and grants workflow management and ensures that the contracts, grants, and procurement functions are accountable to one another, to customers, and to senior management. This includes reviewing, refining and developing and establishing standards, processes, and policies that span the full range of contract operations.
· Review and audit contract performances to ensure compliance with terms, and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution, including extensions, renewals, and amendments.
· Provide information to auditors, and discuss audit findings with auditors and senior staff.
· Adjudicate personal conflicts of interests and organizational conflicts of interest plans and processes for programs, as well as implement internal compliance audits on a periodic basis.
· Deliver reports and presentations to executives that reflect a high degree of professional care.
· Advise and support export empowered official, including international and export licensing and compliance requirements.
· Manage procurement and cost effective acquisitions of materials and services.
· Must have strong background and knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), GSA Schedules and other associated supplemental contracting regulations
· Ensure compliance with Cooperative Agreement terms and conditions.
· Other duties as assigned or necessary
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, accounting, or related field.
Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in a related, responsible position.
NCMA (National Contract Management Association) Membership and a CPCM (Certified Professional Contracts Manager) or CPFM (Certified Federal Contracts Manager) is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Must have a demonstrated understanding (interpretation and compliance at a senior level) of and experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations and the proposal/source selection process.
· Experience with various contract types, cooperative agreements and grants strongly preferred; knowledge of NASA grants desired
· Strong communications skills; must effectively and concisely communicate risk factors, legal considerations and other elements of negotiations to a broad audience in verbal and written form.
· Effectively work with the management of other organizations (program management, subcontracts, business management, and supply chain management), as well as Government agencies.
· Regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion in solving complex contract and business issues.
· Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the company.
· Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the company.
· Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the company.
· Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance team effectiveness.
· Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
· Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
· Strong skills in office productivity software, such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, is required.
Travel: Less than 5% travel