ISS Action has a potential job opportunity pending business development for a Transportation Officer.
General Transportation Duties:
· Ensure detainees are properly prepared for and transported in accordance with Performance-Based National Detention Standards. Preparation includes:
o Patting down all detainees prior to boarding vehicles.
o Applying appropriate restraints prior to boarding vehicles.
o Monitoring detainees to ensure appropriate behavior during transport.
o Securing detainee transfer paperwork in the vehicle and ensuring appropriate distribution upon delivery of detainees to destinations.
· Ensure inventory of detainee baggage/valuables has been properly completed by visual examination of appropriate documentation
· Advise supervisor at least 45 days in advance of expiration of Commercial Driver’s License and medical certificate.
Other Collateral Duties: Perform other duties as directed by the Transportation Coordinator.
Education and/or Experience:
· Must be a United States Citizen.
· Must possess a High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma.
· Must be 21 years of age or older.
· Must have at least one year of experience as a law enforcement officer or, military policeman, or six (6) months experience as security officer engaged in functions related to detaining civil or administrative detainees.
· Must have at least two years’ experience as a detention supervisor; or two years’ experience as a Corrections Transport Supervisor
· Clear criminal history; no felonies or Class A misdemeanors.
· Must have and maintain a current/valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License with passenger and air brake endorsements. Class A Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement is acceptable. Must maintain a safe driving record.
· Must have and maintain a valid Texas State Level 3 Armed Guard permit.
· Must pass a background investigation and obtain a security clearance.
Language Skills. Able to:
· Write clearly and concisely using acceptable grammar, punctuation and spelling; write organized, complete, accurate and factual reports.
· Communicate in English using complex sentences using normal word order with present and past tenses.
· Express and exchange ideas via spoken word during activities where they must convey details or important spoken instructions to others accurately, sometimes quickly and loudly.
· Understand and apply written and verbal orders, rules and regulations.
Physical Demands. Able to:
· Perceive the nature of sounds with no less than 40 dB loss at Hz, 1000 Hz and 2000 Hz with or without correction.
· Receive detailed information through oral communication.
· Maintain a minimum standard of visual acuity with or without correction enabling the employee to complete clerical tasks, and observe detainees.
· Stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, and be able to perceive the attributes of an object such as size, shape, and temperature.
· Move wrists, hands and/or fingers frequently and regularly.
· Occasionally exert up to 100 pounds of force. This may include, but is not limited to all use of force and restraint techniques.
· Adapt to temperature changes (including extreme heat).
*Pending Business Development
ISS Action represents a proven resource with the experience, knowledge, personnel, and management expertise that our clients need to ensure the safety and security of its mission. The ISS Team members shared values of integrity, safety, service excellence, commitment to contract compliance, detailed execution, and individual professionalism are an ideal fit for protecting our client's interest.
ISS Action, Inc.ISS Action is a woman-owned business, with successful 25 year history in Federal, State, local government security and aviation security. ISS Action is the current Security and Protective Services contractor at the NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton Virginia. For the past 20 years, ISS Action has utilized elite former U.S. military and law enforcement personnel to perform high-end security services for sensitive operations of multiple major airlines operating within the United States. ISS Action also provides high-profile executive protection under the direction of U.S. Customs, FAA, DHS, and TSA across the US. ISS Action represents a proven resource with the experience, knowledge, personnel, and management expertise that our clients need to ensure the safety and security of its mission. The ISS Team members shared values of integrity, safety, service excellence, commitment to contract compliance, detailed execution, and individual professionalism are an ideal fit for protecting our client's interest.