ISLAND Santa Cruz, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a driven, self-motivated, ambitious and highly organized HR Coordinator. This role will report to the President while working closely with Island’s HR consultant and undertake a variety of HR administrative duties such as; recruiting support, onboarding, maintain employee records, terminations, benefit administration, payroll support and various other related activities for our Oakland, Redondo Beach and Santa Cruz facilities.
Recruiting & Onboarding:
▪ Supports the recruitment process by sourcing candidates, scheduling interviews and facilitating the hiring of qualified candidates.
▪ Creates offer letters, performs background checks and collects the required information for payroll matters.
▪ Onboards new employees into the payroll system and benefit enrollment platform.
▪ Coordinates equipment and technology needs with our external IT partner.
▪ Collects I-9 documents and files them accordingly for all new hires.
▪ Ensures that new hires have all the information they need to be successful on their first day of employment.
▪ Conducts new hire orientation, ensures that all required documents are collected, and that the employee has all the tools necessary to succeed at our company from their very first day.
▪ Supports the Compliance Team by maintaining updated curriculum database and training records. ▪ Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
▪ Completes and files all unemployment claims.
▪ Assists with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
▪ Approves timesheets for Oakland facility.
▪ Handles employee questions regarding payroll needs.
▪ Reconciles benefits statements.
▪ Assists with processing of terminations.
▪ Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
▪ Tracks and manages employee’s leave of absence.
▪ Handles Workman’s Compensation claims.
▪ Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
Office & Operations Support:
▪ Supports operations on an ad hoc basis as needed, no more than 15 hours per month.
▪ Oversees and maintains office supplies and inventory as needed.
▪ Performs other related duties as assigned.
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
▪ Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
▪ Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
▪ Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
▪ Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
▪ Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
▪ Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
▪ Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
▪ At least two years related experience required.
▪ SHRM-CP or PHR credential is a plus!
▪ Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
▪ Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
▪ Must be able to travel to multiple locations.
ISLANDWhy Work Here?
Amazing opportunity to join the cannabis industry with one of California's leading brands.
ISLAND was established in 2014 in Los Angeles, CA with the goal of responsibly producing artisanal quality cannabis products. You can find out more about us at island.co.
AddressSanta Cruz, CA