ISI Professional Services (ISI) is hiring a Human Resources (HR) Manager to provide on-site support. The HR Manager’s responsibilities and qualifications include:
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manage and facilitate employee relations and resolve human resource issues on behalf of the company at the client site for 150+ employees.
- Advises and coaches managers and supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing supervisor problems and employee grievances.
- Counsel management on employee relation issues and provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary action; conduct employee investigations as needed.
- Collaborate with the HR team in the development of appropriate employee relations strategies to drive positive change.
- Maintain ER metrics and review on a quarterly basis to assess where action can be taken to simplify or enhance a process.
- Evaluate and analyze situations using relevant data gathered to make decisions, identify gaps and recommend changes.
- Maintain a high level of contact and visibility with employees at all levels to foster, respectful trusting and credible relationships.
- Advise, coach and mentor HR Specialists to further develop skillsets.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation.
- Propose programs and procedures relating to the effective utilization of support staff resources.
- Investigate work related accidents and prepare reports.
- Manage the support staff performance evaluation program.
- Manage the personnel recordkeeping function such as hires, changes of status, attendance records, payroll records, performance evaluations and terminations.
- Approve leave of absence requests and monitor the PTO schedule to ensure office staffing needs.
- Coordinate compliance with federal regulations pertaining to ADA, EEO, FMLA, OSHA and FLSA. Maintain a current knowledge of applicable laws, rulings and regulations and recommend appropriate changes in office practices.
- Manage Leave of Absences (LOA) and communicate with employees regarding status. Coordinate LOA in conjunction with Short Term Disability and FMLA leave.
- Support contract specific benefits administration including communication and distribution of related forms.
- Support the recruitment and selection of support staff.
- Screen professional staff resumes and maintain database of same for future reference. Initiate background checks for all candidates to determine eligibility.
- Conduct staff exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Other duties as requested and assigned.
- Three (3) years’ experience in HR leadership position.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Minimum of (3) years’ experience in recruiting and retaining a workforce in full performance of all requirements of a contract involving a minimum of 100 personnel on a single contract and a minimum annual contract value of $5 million. The experience must have occurred within the last five calendar years.
- Ability to speak effectively and respond to common inquiries or complaints from all levels of clients and professional and support staff. Interpersonal communication skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with partners, attorneys, clients and staff, and to exhibit a high degree of responsiveness, diplomacy and professionalism in these interactions.
- Ability to write business correspondence, procedure manuals, reports, speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information in both written and oral formats and respond to questions from all levels of professional and support staff and clients. Ability to effectively present information to top Firm management.
- U.S. Citizenship, required.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background investigation, including credit and criminal check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DHS Suitability Determination, Secret clearance preferred.
- Express and exchange ideas clearly in the English language, written and verbal.
- Must have the ability to closely follow Standard Operating Procedures.
Other Essential Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented. Excellent organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects to meet deadlines. Outstanding creativity; flexibility and persistence; motivation and energy with the ability to work with little supervision and collaborate with other members of the team. A tolerance for uncertainty and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to coordinate the activities of department resources. Ability to lead and build consensus among peers and staff. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines. Ability to exercise discretion with confidential and sensitive information. Must be able to perform essential duties of the position with time constraints and interruptions. A strong client service approach and team orientation.
- Bachelors Degree
- Read rapidly from both paper and a computer terminal.
- Capable of doing repetitive clerical tasks.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as: lifting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, filing, and reading.
- Manual dexterity in the use of word processing equipment.
- Good hand to eye coordination.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as: lifting, standing, sitting, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, filing, and reading.
- Ability to work in one place and transverse the office on a continuing basis.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 45 lbs. and push large carts.
At ISI, we recognize and value our employees as our greatest asset. We offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities as well as highly competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Our company provides a balance to both the work and personal lives of our employees. ISI’s goal is to support employees and their families as they grow personally and professionally. ISI is a customer service-based organization that values quality, integrity and the power of partnership. We are a company that rewards achievement while encouraging personal growth. ISI offers a family culture, but despite our small business feel our employees have “big business” opportunities. We offer room to grow and encourage advancement by rewarding outstanding effort.
ISI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ISI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Powered by JazzHR
ISI Professional Services