General Clerk I
ISI Professional Services Arlington, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
ISI is hiring qualified personnel to support the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Potomac Service Center Operations Support Services (PCOSS). The General Clerk I (GC I) shall perform the following tasks:
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Handle external mail, serving as the link between the U.S. Postal Service and individual offices and workers.
- Perform file operations and application processing functions.
- Facilitate delivery of outgoing mail by determining if the mail is to be sent registered, certified, special delivery, or first, second, third, or fourth class, and may group mailings by ZIP code.
- Operate machines that collate, fold, and insert material into envelopes for mailing. Operate machines that affix postage and mailing labels and track the amount of money expended on postage.
- Use computers to keep records of incoming and outgoing items
- Uses computer to log incoming and outgoing items.
- Retrieves, sorts, and maintains files.
- Generates manifests.
- Prepares files for shipping.
- Performs searches.
- Scans physical file barcodes for file accountability.
- Scans, photocopies, or emails documents.
- Delivers files to identified locations.
- Reviews files for action steps and secures documents.
- Places files on shelves.
- Meets contract performance requirements and acceptable quality levels for assigned tasks.
- One (1) year of clerical/office experience. U.S. Citizenship, required.
- Must pass a Core Skills Assessment.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background investigation,?including credit and criminal check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DHS Suitability Determination, Secret clearance preferred.
- Express and exchange ideas clearly in the English language, written and verbal.
- Must have the ability to closely follow Standard Operating Procedures.
Other Essential Qualifications:
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others.
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements.
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times.
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively.
- Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Read rapidly from both paper and a computer terminal.
- Capable of doing repetitive clerical tasks.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as: lifting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, filing, and reading.
- Manual dexterity in the use of word processing equipment.
- Good hand to eye coordination.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as: lifting, standing, sitting, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, filing, and reading.
- Ability to work in one place and transverse the office on a continuing basis.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 45 lbs. and push large carts.
At ISI, we recognize and value our employees as our greatest asset. We offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities as well as highly competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Our company provides a balance to both the work and personal lives of our employees. ISI’s goal is to support employees and their families as they grow personally and professionally. ISI is a customer service-based organization that values quality, integrity and the power of partnership. We are a company that rewards achievement while encouraging personal growth. ISI offers a family culture, but despite our small business feel our employees have “big business” opportunities. We offer room to grow and encourage advancement by rewarding outstanding effort.
ISI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ISI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and con
Powered by JazzHR