ISI Professional Services is seeking a Construction Manager - Architect (CM-A) in Canandaigua, NY who can provide both construction management and architectural expertise. The ideal candidate shall be a registered architect, with a minimum of ten years' experience as a design architect including experience in medical facility design, and possess a bachelor degree in architecture, a working knowledge of the Uniform Building Code (UBC), Life Safety Code (NFPA 101), Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards (UFAS), The Americans with Disability Act (ADA), OSHA, and the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the Uniform Building Code (UBC), Life Safety Code (NFPA 101), Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards (UFAS), The Americans with Disability Act (ADA), OSHA and ASTM standards.
- Knowledge of all aspects of commercial hospital construction.
- Knowledge of planning and conducting inspections and inventories of such structures to identify and note deficiencies, problems, or the general physical condition of such structures.
- Ability to provide cost estimates and take-offs for the structural contract modifications.
- Ability to determine compliance of workmanship, materials, equipment and installed work with contract requirements and industry standards.
- Working knowledge and understanding of building, safety, and environmental codes.
- Working knowledge of environmental, civil, safety, architectural and structural fields.
- Knowledge of governmental contracting procedures, principles, guidelines and public law.
- Experience working in the state of New York.
- Experience reviewing design and construction plans against existing site conditions.
- Experience in the resolution of unforeseen site and design conditions/problems and propose cost effective technical solutions.
- Experience conducting inspections and inventories of such structures to identify and note deficiencies, problems, or the general physical condition of such structures.
Education, Certification, Affiliations:
- The CM-A shall possess a degree in Architecture from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Candidate shall have five years’ experience practicing architecture and inspecting architectural construction is required.
- Experience supporting construction management activities on Federal projects is an advantage. Experience supporting construction management activities for VA healthcare facilities is a significant advantage.
Communication, Language, and Software Skills:
- Ability to utilize a variety of software programs to monitor, update, and produce work products by applying knowledge of computer literacy.
- Ability to exercise good interpersonal skills.
At ISI, we recognize and value our employees as our greatest asset. We offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities as well as highly competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Our company provides a balance to both the work and personal lives of our employees. ISI’s goal is to support employees and their families as they grow personally and professionally. ISI is a customer service-based organization that values quality, integrity and the power of partnership. We are a company that rewards achievement while encouraging personal growth. ISI offers a family culture, but despite our small business feel our employees have “big business” opportunities. We offer room to grow and encourage advancement by rewarding outstanding effort.
ISI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ISI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.