Tier 2/NOC - Systems Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Hybrid/Virtual Work Schedule
MAKE AN IMPACT
At ISG Technology, you’ll be part of a real team-one of the best IT services providers in the Midwest. You’ll work together with ambitious professionals who are shaping the way IT is designed, managed, and secured. You’ll know that the work you do matters. Our performance directly impacts our clients in profound ways. This is the meaningful technology career you’ve been looking for.
Join the fast-growing field of Technology, Cloud and Managed Services solutions as our Tier 2/NOC Engineer supporting one of the Midwest’s leading technology providers. ISG Technology is uniquely positioned in the market, able to offer hardware/software solutions as preferred partner and integrator of the brand name technology stacks, data center, cloud and IT managed services solutions.
Now is a great opportunity to join a team that appreciates hard work, is a fun and collaborative culture, and enjoys designing and providing technology and business solutions to their clients.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Maintain and configure software functionality within the Support Center in the NOC
- Setup and maintain communications involving software vendors and clients
- Respond to software-generated alerts
- Manage software vendors’ monitoring rules
- Create and manage reports generated for clients within the software
- Create and manage scripting using the software
- Maintain and manage the patch management process within clients’ sites
- Respond to after-hours requests for client support
- Inform Clients about ISG services
- Complete data entry for internal ticket monitoring in an accurate and timely fashion
- Participate in available training to advance in skills and knowledge
- Meet ISG standards of utilization
- Acquire and maintain certain technical certifications as assigned and required by ISG including, but not limited to, the manufacturers listed below:
- ConnectWise Automate
- ConnectWise Manage
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide break/fix support to ISG customers
- Managed services onboarding and ongoing support to managed service customers
- Participate in Service Desk overflow calls as required
- Work both independently and as a member of a team for project execution
- Collaborate with Senior Engineers and Lead Engineers to provide solutions to challenging problems
- Provide technical expertise across a broad range of solutions and products
- Participate in team training programs in order to maintain standards of the team
- Provide technical guidance on scopes of work as needed, create/present project handoff technical documentation and create/maintain client documentation
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors, and keep current on technology products
- Participate in rotation of after hours on call support
- Ability to communicate and present objectives verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner and collaboratively as a team leader or member
- Ability to create and implement detailed action plans
- Ability to manage and prioritize complex, changing workloads in a challenging technical environment
- Complete ConnectWise data entry in an accurate and timely fashion
PROFESSIONAL TRAITS THAT ARE ESSENTIAL
- Oral Communications – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; respond well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Written Communications – Writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical and statistical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly and courteously to Clients’ requests for service and assistance; manages difficult or emotional Client situations.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; upholds company values.
- Organizational Support – Follows company policies and procedures.
- Judgment – Include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; listens well.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities and adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Planning and organization – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Detail & Task Oriented – Ability to manage and follow through on multiple tasks, items and communications in a timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
- Working knowledge of computer networks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s or technical degree preferred
- Three years’ experience or equivalent certification
You will follow the ISG Technology Core Values:
- Humor & Fun
- We believe it’s important to take time outside of work to spend time with family and keep the wind in our sails.
- We collaborate and value sharing our unique perspectives.
- We’re inclusive and create activities that align with people’s interests and passions.
- We pride ourselves in meeting high-pressure challenges
- We never quit and demonstrate the ability to see daunting assignments through … successfully.
- Lead by Example
- We demonstrate courage in having crucial (and sometimes “tough”) conversations.
- We are reliable and highly accountable in our use of systems and tools.
- Continuous Improvement
- We’re creative thinkers who can adapt to evolving situations.
- We’re humbly confident, know our stuff, are willing to coach and be coached.
- We’re willing to make “healthy” self-sacrifices for the greater good.
- “Team First” Initiative
- We are pro-active and stay on top of training and certifications.
- We willingly take on more responsibility if we see a need and can assist.
- We view individual accountabilities as representing the whole team.
If you are looking for a company that recognizes your valuable contributions and gives you the opportunity to advance, then apply by sending in your resume to ISG Technology Careers.
ISG Technology LLC
AddressOklahoma City, OK
TechnologyView all jobs at ISG Technology LLC