Estimator - CSI Division 6 Architectural Woodwork
ISEC La Palma, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
REPORTS TO: Estimating Manager or Senior Estimator
Obtains, calculates and compiles data for use in conceptual/bid proposal estimates, preparing routine estimates under general supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that all quantity surveys and pricing are accurate and complete
- Provide support for the development of bidding strategies by debriefing the salesperson of job elements
- Compile list of type of materials or equipment requirements, utilizing knowledge of services to be performed, or type of structure to be built using blueprints and specifications
- Itemize tools, fixtures, or equipment to be manufactured by company or purchased from outside sources.
- Compute cost estimates for materials, purchased equipment, subcontracted work, production activities and requirements, and labor.
- May perform other tasks as required or directed
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to minimum qualifications)
- Bachelor degree In Construction Management or equivalent
- At least three years of CSI Division 6 Architectural Woodwork estimating experience in the construction industry
- Excellent blueprint reading skills with an emphasis on Architectural, Interiors, & Structural
- Practical knowledge of commercial construction methods and application of principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to develop and maintain vendor relationships
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least two years in estimating in the construction industry
- Experience in all estimating phases of CSI Division 6 Architectural Woodwork
- Good blueprint reading skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good computer skills
Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted. To be considered for this position, please apply on ISEC's Career Website.
For over 50 years, we’ve proudly constructed the backdrops for life’s most important events.
Quietly setting the stage, ISEC constructs functional and beautiful architectural surroundings. Our craftsmanship is there amidst the cheers of fans in hometown stadiums, framing joyful reunions in airports across the country, and surrounding parents as they welcome their newborn in expertly outfitted hospital rooms. We invest the time and commitment to deliver world-class facilities.
We got our start in 1967 providing furniture and athletic equipment, and quickly expanded into the healthcare and laboratory industries. By 1970 we extended our Colorado roots into Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle. By 1990, our expertise in high-profile, mega-woodwork projects further propelled us into prominence.
Now with 9 regional offices and over 1,500 talented team members, we continue to exceed craftsmanship and business standards with a long history of excellence, sound project management skills, unwavering partnerships, financial stability, exemplary attention to detail and commitment to any project.
At ISEC, we take time to understand each client’s unique vision and provide true project ownership and accountability. As a prime trades contractor of choice, our craftsmen ensure nothing short of excellent results on every general trade, architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, doors, frames & hardware, specialties, laboratory furniture, and medical equipment project we complete.
Our Why? We’re an employee-owned company and our core values, Commitment to Customer, Integrity, Respect, Safety, and Teamwork, run deep. Our culture is based on a dedication to excellence and providing the highest level of performance, innovation, partnership and support to our team and to our clients.
ISEC is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information on ISEC, or to review our FMLA notice, please visit our web site: www.isecinc.com.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Information to the Applicant:
I certify that all answers and statements made by me on this Application are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations of facts by me in the Application or during the application process may result in rejection of my application or discharge at any time if I am hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status. Additional testing of job-related skills and for the presence of drugs may be required prior to employment.
I understand and acknowledge that all offers of employment and continued employment are contingent on compliance with the background check and drug testing policies.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressLa Palma, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at ISEC