Customer Service Representative/Operator - Medical Office
Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers has beautiful state-of-the-art integrated Cancer and Women's Centers, with locations strategically located throughout the Valley. Each one provides a superior cancer care environment with a full spectrum of cancer related services for patients. Our multi-disciplinary team approach includes surgical oncology, medical oncology, radiation oncology, women's centers, diagnostic imaging services, social service support, nutritionist, integrative services, and genetic counseling.
Mission Statement: To serve the community by providing quality, comprehensive cancer care which respects the values and needs of each individual.
Overview: We are looking for motivated, professional, and friendly individuals to work as a Customer Service Representative/operator. Our Customer Service Representatives are responsible for all incoming calls and messages and directs all calls and messages appropriately. A successful candidate will maintain and have a clear understanding of the phone system.
This is a full-time, day shift position working a Monday - Friday schedule.
Responsible for appropriately triaging all incoming calls and tasking to the correct location/department with in the EMR system. Handle all STAT calls appropriately by getting the call to the clinical staff. This position is fast paced, and staff is expected to perform in alignment with policies and procedures. Patient coordinators are responsible for ensuring patient and facility needs are communicated to the clinical staff within ICRC. Identifying critical situations, handling hospital and facility requests, routing orders as well as perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provided effective communication and strong listening skills
- Be able to deescalate/handle difficult calls
- Answers multiple calls in a courteous and timely manner
- Routes calls to a the appropriate person or location
- Meeting call quota and call handled expectations
- Must be able to type and work on a computer
- Never leaves post unattended except in emergencies
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to adapt to changes within the policy’s and procedure
- Performs other duties requested by supervisor, administrator or physicians
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Internet.
- Knowledge of insurance company’s procedures and policies preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules & regulations preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
- Maintain a helpful, positive attitude which contributes to teamwork.
Education and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years’ medical phone experience preferred.
- Medical field experience preferred.
- Sitting: Remaining in the seated position up to 8 hours per day.
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another- 10-25 lbs.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including health/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, 401K and a great working environment. We are an EOE.
IRONWOOD PHYSICIANS,P.C.Chandler, AZ
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.