Entry Level Equipment Maintenance Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
IQE plc is the leading global supplier of advanced wafer products and material solutions to the semiconductor industry. IQE’s core business is the design and manufacture of compound semiconductor wafers or “epiwafers” using a process called epitaxy. IQE’s epiwafers are used in advanced electronic and photonic components which enable a broad portfolio of today’s technology products.
IQEs vision is to be the best advanced semiconductor materials solutions company in the world. Being best means delivering outstanding quality, service, technology and value such that we become the first-choice supplier for all our customers.
IQEs mission is to deliver the best advanced semiconductor materials solutions to our customers through technology leadership; to provide our employees with a safe, stimulating and rewarding work environment; to partner with our suppliers to form mutually beneficial relationships; and to provide our stakeholders with a rewarding investment.
Purpose of the role
The Equipment Maintenance Technician performs all preventive maintenance and repair activities on Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE) systems and related components. Also, the technician performs preventive maintenance and repair activities on wafer characterization equipment and reports findings to the Equipment Manager.
• Performs basic troubleshooting and repair of MBE systems.
• Learns and performs basic scheduled preventative maintenance on characterization equipment.
• Maintains a general knowledge of all activities undertaken during the preventive maintenance and repair processes.
• Works directly with a Senior Technician to become trained and certified on equipment and procedures.
• Performs tasks under supervision of senior technicians.
• Good attention to detail.
• Responsible for the upkeep and administration of spare parts and tools inventories relating to MBE equipment maintenance.
• Responsible for testing work instructions, checklists, and procedures related to MBE systems and related components.
• Participates in IQE NC Emergency Response Team.
• Performs other duties and functions as required.
· 0-3 years of maintenance experience
· Associates degree in a technical field or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
BenefitsWhy should you join us?
We have awarded ‘Ones to Watch’ by Best Companies defined as ‘good levels of workplace engagement and showing promising signs for the future’.
We have established an Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) Board Committee, that will oversee the execution of our ESG strategy.
We give back and have multiple initiatives underway supporting local and communities and global charities.
All our employees benefit from:
· Long Term Incentive Plans (LTIPs)
· Professional Development and career pathways
· Bonus plans – quarterly or annual (role dependent)
· Market competitive base salaries reviewed bi-annually
· Comprehensive health insurance offering medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage.
· Company paid Life and Disability Insurance.
· Long service awards 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 years
· Hybrid and flexible working (role dependent)
· Values-based recognition awards
· Employee Assistance Program (Free family, legal, financial and counselling support 24/7 Access)
· Access to workplace Mental Health First Aiders/wellbeing rooms
· #mypersonalhour incentive
· 401k Plan with company match of up to 50% on the first 6% of the employee’s contributions
IQE is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Real EstateView all jobs at IQE