As a Technical Project Manager you will be interfacing with teams of engineers to help drive work efforts within each engineering group and across the organization. These efforts will be focused on supporting existing smart meter platforms and applications along with new initiatives. Projects will be challenging, dynamic, will require analysis, critical thinking skills and your expertise in building a structured project team and problem-solving approach.
In this role, the technical project manager will also be working with the operations team and customer support team to help manage efforts to resolve critical technical issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with engineering teams to identify and scope work efforts
· Build, negotiate and document requirements either as needed while working with multiple stakeholders
· Encapsulate engineering comments to build project plan and document system architecture plans
· Assist engineering leads to track and properly manage on-going work efforts
· Prioritize project work efforts and impart appropriate sense of urgency
· Manage project work involving teams across multiple time zones
· Corral team and provide appropriate structure to resolve urgent issues
· Pace team work efforts and keep teams accountable on work commitments
· Define new processes as needed to enhance team work effort and performance
· Multi-task and juggle numerous cross-functional projects and priorities in dynamic environment
· Drive cross-functional teams to scalable solutions and processes
· Generate meeting documentation and delegate and track action items
· Work with team to assess technical architecture and perform gap analysis as needed
· Establish project, track changes and drive team to meet deliverables and requirements
· Analyze technical and business data to make informed business decisions
The Ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate the following skills:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Analytical mindset
· Able to provide effective strategic and tactical guidance
· Must be self-motivated and organized
· Must be detail oriented while considering larger business objectives
· Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project
· Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle
· Experience with integrated HW/SW engineering development efforts
· Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments
· Experience with Jira, Confluence, Sharepoint, Salesforce or equivalent applications
· Experience developing and managing to a SOW and ATP
Education and/or Experience:
· Degree in Engineering or technical field preferred
· 5+ years in a project management position
· 5+ years in a technology-driven role
· PMP and/or CSM preferred
· MBA or equivalent experience is ideal
Physical Demands, Equipment and Machinery
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to perform work on a desktop or laptop computer requiring manual dexterity to operate keyboards, fax machines, calculators, photocopying equipment and multi-line phone. Ability to sit for long periods of time, concentrate on a task without being distracted and look at a computer screen to see details at close range.
The work environment described here is representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is in our office. The environment is clean and typically free from dust and hazardous materials. This indoor environment is temperature controlled.