IPS is searching for a skilled software engineer with services, database, and networking experience that is responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and development of head-end system services. These head-end systems connect our deployed wireless parking meter devices with the backend management system to facilitate configuration, reporting, software updates, payments and other features.
Successful candidate will work in the sessions and transaction management team and must be self-motivated and driven to finding solutions to complex problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain middleware services integrating to variety of payment processors
• Maintain head-end services for managing parking meters, card readers and other types of IoT type devices.
• Some build / development for new or additional features
• Maintain services for providing B2B interaction
• Build, package, and deploy software suite to development and test environments
• Test and validate software and processes on both meter hardware and simulator environments
• Aid with documentation and test script execution for certifications and evaluations such as PCI, PA-DSS, and Common Criteria
The Ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate the following skills:
• Proficiency in C# and .NET (3 years +)
• Proficiency with databases, SQL queries, T-SQL (Microsoft SQL Server) (3 years +)
• Experience with networking, TCP/IP, and SSL
• Exposure to ASP.NET, MVC
• Proficiency with WCF, TPL, LINQ, data serialization, and reflection (3 years +)
• Knowledgeable of C/C++
• Develop efficient, standardized code that is well commented and documented using tools such as UML
• Familiarity with Atlassian suite of products (Jira, Agile, Confluence)
• Experience with GIT distributed version control systems
• Experience working independently, collaboratively, and meeting schedules under pressure, the ideal candidate must be able to analyze situations, prioritize appropriately and set the appropriate goals for achieving results.
• Experience in taking concepts to practical implementations.
• Excellent communications: oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal
• Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
• Be a team player and participate in mutual teaching and learning across the team
Education and/or Experience:
• BS in Computer Science, BS Software Engineering or equivalent
• 3+ years of software systems design & implementation experience
• Must have experience with client / server systems
• Must have experience with service-oriented architecture
• Must be able to show or describe previous work as well as level of involvement in these projects
• Must be a hands-on developer with skills in helping and working with others
• Previous experience in developing, maintaining and troubleshooting IoT systems a plus.
Physical Demands, Equipment and Machinery
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to perform work on a desktop or laptop computer requiring manual dexterity to operate keyboards, fax machines, calculators, photocopying equipment and multi-line phone. Ability to sit for long periods of time, concentrate on a task without being distracted and look at a computer screen to see details at close range.
The work environment described here is representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is in an office. The environment is clean and typically free from dust and hazardous materials. This indoor environment is temperature controlled.
Note: The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this classification. Nothing in the job description restricts IPS Group, Inc. from the right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment as this is an “AT-Will” employer.