IPM Medical Group is the leader in cutting edge pain management techniques. Our doctors are nationally known experts in the field. We are deeply involved in clinical research focused on developing the treatment solutions of tomorrow. Our rehabilitation programs for chronic pain sufferers set the standard in holistic approaches for managing chronic pain.
We are looking for a psychologist to provide pain psychology services to outpatients at our Capitola and Los Gatos clinics. The psychologist evaluates, administers and scores tests, provides individual care and support to our patients. Duties may also include providing support to our Functional Restoration Program including delivery of psychoeducational classes or seeing patients 1:1 enrolled in our program.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Collaborating with a team of marriage and family therapists, licensed clinical counselors, physical therapists and physicians in the provision of interdisciplinary care.
- Patient appointments are approximately 60 minutes in duration.
- Patient load is approximately 7 visits per day.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- California Licensed Psychologist
- Experience in assessment and treatment of patients with chronic pain conditions.
- Experience with Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy and Mindfulness-oriented interventions
- Trauma background with ability to do EMDR is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish rapport with patients, families, professionals, and co-workers.
- Able to work with patients using sound judgment.
- An attitude of excellence in providing quality patient care.
Job Type-Full time