To maintain mechanical room equipment, injection molding equipment, dry offset printing equipment and auxiliary equipment.
To fully and safely perform duties such as electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical abilities at a Specialist level and to assist in the training of lower level maintenance personnel.
Some PLC experience required with the ability to read schematics and troubleshooting.
Preferred min 2 years Injection Molding experience.
Preferred high speed robotic maintenance and troubleshooting experience.
To be able to complete physical test applicable to the job requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Duties (3 – 4 maximum)
Repair and maintenance of injection molding machines ranging from 160-1000 Tons.Repair and maintenance of dry offset printing machine.Operation and maintenance of mechanical room.Troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of HVAC. Demonstrate knowledge of Building Electrical Branch Distribution.Repair and maintain exhaust fans.Perform repair and modifications for facility electrical. Any other duties assigned.
Mechanical room and cooling towers equipment and Special Projects
- Perform maintenance and repair of pumps, motors and piping for tower and chilled water system
- Operate and maintain chiller system.
- Demonstrate knowledge of chilled water treatment.
- Perform repair and maintenance of air compressor.
- Operate and maintain air dryer.
- Perform repair and maintenance of rail car loading equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of low voltage control wiring.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Electrical 480V 3-phase circuits.
- Safely weld utilizing Mig Welding minimum.
- Lift, cut and arrange steel materials per drawings or custom fabrication.
- Demonstrate ability to use plasma cutting equipment or conventional gas torches.
- Demonstrate ability and have a basic knowledge of lathes and mill equipment with the aptitude to learn more complex machining skills.
- Demonstrate ability to do basic drill press functions and accurately
Safety & Sustainability Expectations
All work is performed in accordance with the Safety Protocol, the current Safety Quality Food (SQF) Institute Code, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in keeping the facility and equipment sanitized for food container product production.
Employee has the responsibility for food packaging safety.
Scope of Responsibility & Complexity
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
Minimum qualifications, Formal Education, Certifications or Equivalents
Working Experience – Nature & Length
Candidate must possess higher skill level than Trainee and is expected to display some skills in all areas.
Additional qualifications – competency requirements
Candidates must be able to pass a Post Offer Essential Functions Test (POET) to demonstrate the capability to safely perform the essential functions of the job. Those functions include heavy lifting, working at heights, and working in extreme temperatures.
Provides direction/leadership to department trainees and specialist positions.
Team members do not directly report to this individual. Not responsible for assessing performance or hiring/firing decisions.
Reports to (title):
Dotted Line Reports to (title):
Direct Reports (numbers):
Direct reports may vary from one incumbent to another and are shown here as an indication only.
Titles & Number of employees supervised
Number of employees supervised through subordinates
Dotted Line Reports (numbers):
The work environment may include noise exposure, some outside weather conditions, and working at heights on some lift equipment
Lee's Summit, MO