Real Estate Accountant
IP Living Dallas, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- $65,000 to $90,000 Yearly
The Real Estate Accountant will prepare financial reports to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities, will be in charge of manage and report all accounting and financial activities related with Property.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties in the accounting department with focus in properties / Real Estate.
- Prepares periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles customer accounts and manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- As appropriate, coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software system; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting and Real Estate Accounting.
- Franchise, Real Estate and Restaurants experience.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Highly proficient with accounting software, Sage 3.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
- Background and experience in Restaurants, Franchises and Multi Estate Operations.
- Three to five years of accounting experience required.
- CPA desired
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at IP Living