Class A CDL Driver / Crosstown
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Class A – CDL Driver is a safety-sensitive position responsible for the safe transportation of goods in the Chicago Metro area within a 150-mile radius of Chicago intermodal rail yards. Specific functions include moving loaded and empty containers to and from intermodal rail yards safely in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. Communication with dispatch operations, engage in customer contact, maintain electronic logging device. CDL drivers must become knowledgeable of operations within an intermodal rail terminal while maintaining the safest work environment possible.
Class A – CDL Driver will report directly to the Transportation Manager
The Class A – CDL Driver will work as a member of the team to coordinate the workload as directed based on the Client’s needs. The scope of the duties will include but not limited to the following duties and tasks:
- Safely operate a day cab tractor/trailer and transport products to and from specified destinations in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Transport heavy intermodal containers from grain loading facility to rail facility
- Understand and obey all intermodal rail yard safety policies and procedures
- At all times wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Attend or facilitate pre-shift job briefings
- Responsible for pre-trip and post-trip truck inspections (DVIR)
- Maintain electronic hours of service log
- Communicate with Transportation Manager, and other personnel, to ensure efficient and safe production
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least two years of verifiable tractor-trailer truck experience in the past 36 months and a valid Class A CDL
- Must be at least 23 years or older
- Ability to speak, understand and read English
- No more than two moving violations or 1 preventable crash in the past three years (some restrictions apply)
- No DOT recordable preventable accident in the last three years
- Ability to pass state and federal background checks and obtain an e-RAILSAFE certification
- Must be able to pass a post-offer physical including drug testing
- Ability to maintain daily logs, dispatch reports as well as vehicle inspection reports
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Flexible schedule to allow for adjusted hours as necessary
- Ability to work as a member of a team or as an individual when necessary, by following the direction and requirements necessary to accomplish promptly all the daily workload
To perform the essential functions of the job, an employee must meet the physical demands in this job description. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk and use hands to fingers, handle, feel and reach. The employee must be able to stand for periods of eight hours or more and must have the ability to lift to 40 lbs. above the head. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus for both day and night operations.
REMPREX is a 24/7/365 operation. This role is a full-time position working non-standard hours that may include nights, weekends, and holidays as required by the Client. Occasionally, the role can require extended work hours, in compliance with FMCSA guidelines, to include being available for on-call duty as needed.
The Class A – CDL Driver works primarily in a vehicle and outside. Candidates must be able to work outdoors in all conditions, including extreme cold and hot temperatures, as well as in the presence of dust and loud noises. Also, working around rail equipment may be dangerous if not handled safely concerning the job functions. Understanding the work hazards and being able to work safely is imperative for this position.
This position requires a formal application, rating of education and experience, oral interview, and reference check. Successful candidates must be able to pass a post-offer physical including drug testing as well as an e-RAILSAFE criminal background check. Additionally, it may require job-related tests. The duties listed in this job description are only examples of the various types of work that the role might be required to perform. The omission of a statement of duties does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change as the needs of the employer and job change.
All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration regardless of race, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, religion, protected veteran status, or national origin.
10800 Franklin Ave.Bensenville, IL
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at IOX Ltd