Medical Laboratory Technician II
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Invivoscribe is an industry pioneer in oncology diagnostics, dedicated to improving the standard of global healthcare for over 25 years. Headquartered in sunny San Diego, California with locations across the world, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of products and services. We work with key collaborators to develop molecular assays, reagents, controls and bioinformatics tools under ISO 13485 design control that are used in over 160 countries. Our global network of laboratories offer next generation molecular and flow cytometry panels to support our drug development entity and accelerate clinical trials. Our harmonized clinical laboratories offer a menu focused on clinically significant biomarkers which support therapeutic decisions, minimal residual disease (MRD) monitoring, patient stratification, trial enrollment, and the development of companion diagnostics. For 25 years, we have stood at forefront of precision diagnostics, and we're just getting started!
We are looking to add a Medical Laboratory Technician to our Genetics Lab Team.A Medical Laboratory Technician is responsible for receiving samples and performing pre-analytical testing for specimens received into LabPMM for both clinical trial testing and services.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Performs all aspects of pre-analytic workflow to ensure orders are entered correctly, specimens collected are appropriate for the test ordered and are correctly processed/transported including:
- Verifies specimens are correctly and completely labeled upon receipt. Evaluates specimens for appropriateness and takes necessary corrective action. Appropriately documents unacceptable specimens.
- Performs some aspects of the clinical testing protocols including:
- Semi-automated and manual DNA isolations
- Quantify and normalize isolated DNA
- Performs some aspects of the post-analytic workflow including: distribution of results, filing testing documentation, archiving samples, and checking for data entry errors.
- Universal Responsibilities
- Ensures quality of operations:
- Performs required Quality System responsibilities including initiating "Quality Occurrence Reports."
- Meets competency standards of the department.
- Ensures that personal continuing education requirements are met.
- Ensures quality of operations:
- Information Systems:
- Ensures integrity of Laboratory Information System (LIS) by following established protocols and participating in the maintenance and enhancements of the LIS.
- Compentent knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, etc).
- Ensures safety of operations:
- Follows all required safety procedures, assumes a proactive role in laboratory safety.
- Provides customer service excellence : Answers telephones and email requests when needed, using proper etiquette.
- Medical Laboratory Technician degree and licensed by the state of CA.
- Ability to analyze complex data, troubleshoot technical issues and make valid scientific conclusions.
- Ability to follow Standardized Operating Procedures (SOPs) as well as written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Evidence of Covid-19 vaccination
- A beautiful modern facility centrally located in San Diego County, with many jobs conducive to a hybrid work from home arrangement.
- A safe, fully-vaccinated, work environment.
- A diverse and inclusive work environment where you will learn, grow, and make new friends.
- A well-stocked breakroom with hot and cold beverages, snacks, refrigerator and pantry items to get you through the day.
- Competitive salaries and bonus program, incentive stock options, amazing benefit options, a 401k plan with a fully vested employer match, and generous time off benefits that include floating holidays.
- The expected pay scale is 58k to 68k annually.
Invivoscribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Evidence of COVID-19 vaccination will be required as a condition of employment.
AddressSan Diego, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at INVIVOSCRIBE, Inc.
Get fresh Laboratory Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.