QA Automated Tester
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The QA Automated Tester I job position is for the employee with intermediate knowledge, skills, and experience in software testing and validation. This job is considered to be an entry-level position for QA Automated Tester. Must have the necessary experience to perform manual and automated tests on web and mobile applications and assist others in the process of testing and validating applications to assure software quality control. This employee must be able to work in development and testing teams, providing constant feedback to her or his peers.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesApplication Automated Testing
- Perform manual and automated testing of web and mobile applications or solutions. Testing processes to perform:
- Functional and non-function testing
- Usability and accessibility testing
- Security testing
- Data integrity testing
- Compatibility testing
- Performance testing
- Integration testing
- Cross-Platform testing
- Regression testing
- Produce necessary data for testing purposes.
- Define and document test cases and test scenarios.
- Execute test cases on multiple scenarios and document the results obtained.
- Discuss and explain the results obtained with developers.
- Keep track and documentation of bugs and defects found during testing, including its resolutions.
- Analyze application requirements and specifications.
- Suggest improvements to developers and product owners or managers.
- Keep a knowledge base of common defects and bugs for future use.
- Validate the user interface and user experience of and application, how easy and friendly an application is to use.
- Generate and complete User Acceptance Testing (UAT) documentation.
- Generate testing summary reports.
- Guide and support the users during pilot testing.
- Script and execute automated testing
Teamwork and Communication
- Work under Agile methodologies and frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Provide daily status and feedback on the work and test performed.
- Assist in the analysis, design, and planning of test cases and test scenarios
- Communicate with users in English or Spanish to discuss testing requirements and specifications and to provide status and explanation of the testing performed.
- Assists managers and architects in the research of technologies, platforms, services, and software to be used for testing, including new approaches, techniques, and procedures.
- Learn and implement solutions based on the research performed.
- Provide support to internal or external personnel or users during pilot testing.
- Assist in the preparation of software documentation.
- Report work hours with descriptions of the tasks performed and any issues encountered daily.
- Certified ISTQB® Agile Tester Foundation Level Exam
- Take online or face-to-face training courses.
- Study and pass certification or assessment exams.
- Keep updated with new technologies, version changes, new approaches, and updates.
The employee must possess essential experience in the following programming, notation, and markup languages.
- Intermediate programming knowledge
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
Development Platforms, Software, and Frameworks
The employee must possess essential to intermediate knowledge in the following software, platform, and frameworks:
- Azure DevOps
- Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, OneDrive
- Operating systems: Windows 10, Apple iOS, Android
- Internet Browsers: Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer
- Visual Studio
- SQL Server, Management Studio
- Testing Tools
- Quality Center (ALM)
Testing Types or Techniques
- Black-box testing
- White-box testing
- Unit testing
- Pilot testing
The employee must have at least three years of proven working experience testing and validating web and mobile applications, performing similar duties and responsibilities, and using the languages, technologies, and platforms described in this document. Also, the following experience is required to execute the duties assigned to this job title successfully.
- Work with multiple enterprise environments, industries, and companies.
- Work with multiple development teams.
- Troubleshooting code and software.
- Technical documentation generation.
- Work with tight deadlines and due dates.
- Work under constant or minimum supervision.
The employee must hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering or four years of equivalent working experience developing Web applications.
- Flexible and adaptable regarding to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly logical.
- Technically proficient.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Creativity in the case of Web or interface design.
Fully Bilingual (English and Spanish)
US Citizen | US Resident
Get fresh Manual Automation Tester jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.