Certified Medical Assistant/Reception
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Internal Medicine of Ventura our mission is to provide highly effective care that keeps our patients healthy. Equally important is the way we deliver care. Patients are our top priority.
The Certified Medical Assistant/Receptionist Position will be a dual position working part time in each role.
As the CMA you will work closely with the physician and provide clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality and efficient care. The CMA should exhibit initiative, be supportive to co-workers and display team cohesiveness.
Some Duties and Responsibilities of the CMA:
1. Oversee and ensure efficient turnover of exam rooms.
2. Maintain exam rooms in a neat and clean manner at all times. Rooms will be disinfected per COVID protocols.
3. Comply with the patient needs at all times.
4. According to schedule notes, ensure all results needed are received and uploaded to the patient chart prior to the appointment.
5. Check in patients from waiting room to exam room. Remove dressings, etc., and provide gowns as needed.
6. Ensure patient charts contain all pertinent information with history and medication updates on each visit.
7. Assist physicians with injections, aspirations, biopsies and/or procedures as necessary.
8. Monitor medication and supply levels. Send Camarillo MA order list as needed. Keep the inventory on an acceptable level in regards to the office needs.
9. Instruct patients regarding information needs once they leave the office to include: medication use/home exercise programs/referral process/refills, etc.
As the receptionist, you will play a vital role in supporting our patients and our healthcare team.
Some Duties and Responsibilities of the Receptionist are:
1. Answer the phone, schedule and assist the patients with any questions and requests.
2. Review confirmation list for unanswered response with Athena, personally confirm with the patient.
3. Prepare patient chart in accordance with the daily schedule.
4. Greet/Welcome the patient as they arrive for check in: verify ID, insurance and any change of information; scan to chart. Collect co-pay.
5. Update patient information as required.
6. Prepare the patient record for the medical assistant to room the patient.
7. At time of check out, assist the patient with medical records requests, referral information, schedule follow up appointments and miscellaneous needs.
8. Take and convey accurate messages to doctors and staff.
9. Participates in staff and educational meetings and training.
10. Assists with supply inventory control.
11. Participates in staff and educational meetings and training.
12. Per weekly schedule, fill supplies in bathrooms and empty trash in bathroom, kitchen, lobby and offices.
13. Assist in disinfecting the common areas throughout the workday.
14. Miscellaneous tasks as needed.
INTERNAL MEDICINE OF VENTURAWhy Work Here?
We have the best doctors in Ventura County to work for!!
2629 Loma Vista RdVentura, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at INTERNAL MEDICINE OF VENTURA