Radiology Technologist, Full Time, Weekend, Fri - Sun Nights 3 - 12 hour shifts
Come work with a talented team at INTEGRIS Baptist! Earn excellent benefits including paid personal time off and retirement.
Job Code: 5013
The Radiology Technologist performs a variety of radiographic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail that requires independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiological diagnosis. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Radiology Technologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Operates radiographic equipment
* Monitors the use of radiographic equipment for proper functioning, promptly reports malfunctions
* Uses safety devices such as cones, collimators, lead aprons, gloves and gonad shields to assure maximum radiation safety
* Performs necessary computer and clerical functions regarding radiology requests
* Stocks and maintains orderliness in radiographic exam rooms
* Utilizes appropriate nursing procedure technique to provide necessary care and safety for patients while in the radiology department
INTEGRIS Medical Group: Collects and processes laboratory samples following established laboratory procedures as requested by provider.
The Radiology Technologist reports to the Radiology Technologist Lead and/or Radiology Manager / Director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Some possibility of injury to fingers in operating equipment by getting them caught in cassettes, bucky trays or film bin. Possibility of contamination or infection through accidental needle punctures; inhaling chemical fumes from processors while developing radiographs; exposure to radiation. Frequent contact with patients with contagious diseases and with electrical equipment.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
#Radiology #General X-ray #Healthcare
* High school diploma or equivalent. Associate Degree preferred.
* Must have completed a Radiologic Technology accredited program.
* Radiography certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists is required within 12 months of hire.
* Current CPR certification required within 90 days of hire.
* Must be able to communicate effectively (VerbalWritten).