Critical Need (RN) - Days - 16-week temporary assignment $50/hr - Med Surg ICU - INTEGRIS Deaconess
Temporary Critical Need RN Position. Assignment of sixteen consecutive weeks. Can be renewed twice, to a maximum of forty-eight (48) weeks. Following expiration of term and all approved renewals, any temporary Critical Need RN would be eligible for transfer to another open position at a standard rate of pay or be terminated.
Renewable assignment according to department need and approval by the business unit Vice President or President, as appropriate.
Current employees are not eligible for transfer into this position. Former employees must have been gone from INTEGRIS at least six months to be eligible for rehire into this position.
$50.00 hourly pay rate.
Eligible for additional pay for overtime, shift differentials, and weekend premium, according to standard practices of those programs. Eligible for 403b Retirement Savings plan.
Job Code 1349
- Must be available to work at least 3 shifts per week.
- Must be available to work all shifts based on the needs of the department.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the assigned department.
- Will provide the same weekend shift coverage as regular department staff.
- Will take call hours at the same amount as regular department staff.
- May be required to work or be scheduled on-call for a 4th shift each week during peak census periods
- Holidays - Will work 2 of the 3 major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas ,New Year's) and 2 of the 3 minor holidays (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day)
- Not eligible for any special pay, i.e., call-back, incentive or special holiday pay. Not eligible for merit increase.
- Not eligible for lead pay, when acting as lead / charge nurse.
- May be floated, including pulled mid-shift, to work in another department 1st, when needed.
- Will be low censused or placed on-call 1st, at the discretion of the manager.
- Must complete all education, orientation, competencies and training requirements on time.
- Must attend staff meetings, in-services and department activities the same as regular department staff.
Job Code: 1349
The Critical Need RN assumes responsibility for the management and delivery of patient care utilizing the nursing process. Performs all other job duties as assigned. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* The Critical Need RN manages the delivery of patient care includes, but not limited to, assessment/re assessments, development of the plan of care, implementation and evaluation of appropriate patient care interventions.
The Critical Need RN is accountable to the Clinical Director and the Vice President responsible for Patient Care Services. Performs job duties in a manner that will ensure a physical environment free of hazards to self and others. Supervises and coordinates the delegation and implementation of patient care of licensed and non licensed personnel for their assigned shift/area. This includes, but not limited to delegated assignments, monitoring of patient care, facilitating problem solving, and education/training of staff.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
Mental Health staff must be able to assist with physical restraint of patients, utilizing the identified Behavior Management Technique System.
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Moderate exposure to hazardous risks, including potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Potential for bodily injury related to lifting and incidents of workplace violence. Must follow universal safety precautions. Exposed to constant interruptions, noise, disagreeable odors, and assorted chemicals. May float to other units. May be required to be on call status.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) member state
* 1 year of previous RN experience required.
* Requires validation of competency in medication and administration
* Requires completion of the professional nurse orientation program and assigned unit orientation which includes specific skills checklists.
* Demonstration of core competencies will be completed within 90 days. Completion of unit specific competencies within 12 months.
* Department specific competencies will be completed in the applicable department during the orientation process