At Instaff, our success depends on you! That’s why we set you up to succeed from day one. From our commitment to finding you the right-fit job, to our training and benefits programs, Instaff gives you the tools you need to build the future you want! We know that our clients’ success, as well as our own, depends on treating our employees with respect and care. We call it “partnership with a purpose.” Join the Instaff team today!
Job Title: Assistant Press Operator
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
Location: Saint Charles, IL 60174
Days/Hours: 7am-7pm & 7pm-7am
Pay Range: $16.00 per hour
Job Duties of the Assistant Press Operator
· Reads and understands job jacket to ensure production is run according to specification.
· Performs machine make-ready to set it up to run proper production.
· Performs quality checks according to established procedures to ensure all Quality Standards (Color matches and Registration) are being met. Makes necessary adjustments to Press and other elements of the process as needed.
· Records and maintains data related to downtime, including amount of time, reason for downtime, and actions to correct problem.
· Enters daily production data on PC located at Press and adjustments to press that are controlled by computer.
· Performs machine trouble shooting and makes adjustments to correct quality or efficiency problems related to machine set up or mechanical defect.
· Keeps all waste and scrap within company guidelines.
· Fills out all pre-make ready and approval sheets.
· Assist in training of new employees and directing the daily duties of subordinates.
· Ensures correct inks are in place and are changed out when necessary.
· Stages rolls of paper at the back of the press using air activated roll pusher, manually pushing rolls into final position.
· Assist in removal of W.I.P pallets from press.
· Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
Job Requirements of the Assistant Press Operator
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk
· Uses hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls.
· The employee frequently is required to talk and hear to communicate with crew members.
· Required to climb, stoop, bend and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee is occasionally required to push or pull with hands or arms, kneel or crouch.
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pound
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to distinguish shades and colors.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a warehouse/factory setting
· Be able to work a full-time but flexible schedule including weekends
· Have dependable transportation to and from job site
· Have a strong work ethic with reliability and dependability
· Enjoy working with others and taking direction when needed
· Maintain a friendly and customer service oriented approach to co-workers and customers
· Weekly pay
· Direct Deposit or Pay Card (Visa)
· Longevity and holiday pay
· 401K plan
· Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available for employee and family
To learn more about our services, visit www.instaff.com and search all of our open jobs https://instaffjobs.bgstaffing.com/
Resume submissions to our jobs with limited, incorrect or no contact information unfortunately cannot be considered. Submitted resumes and applications remain in our database for consideration for other current and future openings.