Are you keen to work somewhere that's stimulating and friendly with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a Senior Accountant here at INSHUR, based in Westlake Village CA working in a hybrid 3 days a week in the office.
What you'll do
As our Senior Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Assist with general ledger accounting activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting, including consolidations, inter-company accounting, chart of accounts maintenance, journal entry and balance sheet reconciliations, management reporting, flux analysis and supporting schedules.
- Performing monthly financial close activities by running a disciplined close process and coordinating activities and analysis with the finance team.
- Monthly insurance carrier reconciliations and cash settlements.
- Assist with year-end audit, including compiling requested information and preparation of various analysis reports.
- Assist with tax compliance requests.
- Monthly revenue recognition per ASC606.
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach to refine and streamline the close and audit preparation process.
- Strong enthusiasm to learn new systems and implement process improvements and find efficiencies wherever possible.
We don't have a checklist of skills - our hiring process is much more about aptitude and passion than ticking boxes. So don't worry if you've not used a particular tool or checked off all the listed skills and experience.
That said, below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role.
- 4-6 years accounting experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Public Accounting experience a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA Candidate a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite with a focus on Excel including v look-up, pivot tables, etc.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills.
- Sage Intaact and/or Velocity experience is a plus but not mandatory.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proactive, dynamic, team player, highly motivated, and strong desire for learning.
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive in. We operate in a hybrid of remote and office-based work and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
Our budget for this role is $85,000 - $105,000 and we will take into account your previous experience and location of work when agreeing on the final offer.
We offer all our employees stock options and we've built a benefits package that invests in our employees' long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here's a sample of what this includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to 8 federal holidays and statutory sick leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Basic Life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- 401K match
- Up to 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Annual training allowance and regular learning opportunities
- Commuter benefits
- Monthly flexible well-being allowance to help you remain healthy and productive
- And much more...
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top of the range kit, and any software you need.
INSHUR is the leading provider of insurance across North America and Europe that satisfies the diverse needs of on-demand drivers.
With a focus on embedded insurance solutions, and complementary technology integrations for digital platform providers such as Uber and Amazon, we've been helping drivers stay on the road since 2016 through our data, technology and in-house expertise.
As a global team of around 200 people based across the US, UK and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Enjoying the ride
We completed our B1 funding as well as the acquisition of American Business Insurance in 2023. We have exciting plans to continue growing our portfolio and product lines and expand to new territories in the future.
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability, or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share, or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.
INSHURWestlake Village, CA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.