Information Assurance Security Engineer (TS/SCI)
INNOVATIVE DATA SOLUTIONS LLC Springfield, VA
- Expired: 22 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a TS/SCI cleared Information Assurance Security Engineer or Information System Security Officer for a contract with an Intelligence Community agency in Springfield, VA.
Responsibilities and Duties
In this position you will be responsible for writing information security policy drafts, writing and reviewing Memorandum of Agreements and coordinating and managing all aspects of the Certification and Accreditation. Advise and assess system design/architecture as well as defining, designing, and evaluating information security systems. Tasking includes incident response, system access approval, audit log review, Configuration Control Board and daily consultations/consulting on a wide variety of security issues. You will also report, document and investigate all security related incidents; assist with development and implementation of corrective measures.
Specific duties and requirements include:
- Must have knowledge of and experience with ICD 503 and be familiar with Cloud Infrastructure/AWS-based solutions.
- Must possess IAM II certification to start in accordance with DOD 8570.1M. This position is defined as in 8570.1M chapter 4, pg 35.
- Work with developers, system engineers, project managers, and users to identify the level of protection systems will need. Understand and be able to identify what group or process will satisfy security requirement.
- Act as the representative of the Information System Security Manager ensuring compliance with IS security procedures.
- Support efforts to operate, maintain, and dispose of information system materials in accordance with security directives, policies and practices and as annotated in Systems Security Plans.
- Generate and implementation of requisite security training ensuring user security awareness of responsibilities prior to system access.
- Initiate protective and corrective measures when incident or vulnerabilities are discovered.
- Ensure IA hardware and software complies with security configuration guides.
- Implement and enforce IA policies and procedures as defined by A&A documentation.
- Ensure users are aware of their IA responsibilities.
- The ability to work on multiple projects/tasks at once and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Perform Operations & Sustainment (O&S) functions for the NCE network security infrastructure (firewalls, web gateways, mail gateways, ids, load balancers, performance monitoring tools, mgt systems, etc)
- Perform maintenance and/or advanced configuration of equipment in order to protect the network from emerging cyber threats
Technical Experience and Skills Required:
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure/AWS-based technology
- Experience using security tools such as ACAS, HBSS, Carbon Black, Tanium, RedSeal, and EMET
- Conduct forensic traffic/log analysis to isolate issues or respond to analyst alerts
- Maintain and administer network infrastructure standards, documentation and fault tolerance
- Experience installing, hardening, deploying, documenting, and troubleshooting network perimeter security technologies.
- Experience and scripting ability on Unix and/or RHEL OS
- Experienced with complex Microsoft macros, and PowerShell scripts
- Basic understanding of Windows Enterprise AD architecture and VMWare Virtualization
- Must be proficient in network routing/vlan technology
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS Degree and 8+ years of networking experience
- Active TS/SCI
- CISSP certification or equivalent (CAP, GSLC, CISM)
INNOVATIVE DATA SOLUTIONS LLC
Innovative Data Solutions (IDS) is a small business specializing in engineering and supporting mission critical IT infrastructure for the U.S. Government Intelligence, Defense and Homeland Security community. Established in 2008, IDS specializes in enterprise storage, datacenter and cloud infrastructure, and cybersecurity engineering. We provide full lifecycle services including requirements assessment, design and planning, implementation, operations and sustaining support. IDS engineers are based in the Washington, DC area and are experienced working with US installations across the United States, Europe and Asia. We differentiate ourselves by providing a private sector mentality to Federal IT. Our engineers are among the best in their specialty areas and pride themselves on being the "go to" subject matter experts for our clients. If you are energized by taking on challenges and finding innovative solutions to them and are looking for an opportunity to do your best work with a talented team of engineers supporting a driven and dynamic customer - this is the opportunity for you!
TechnologyView all jobs at INNOVATIVE DATA SOLUTIONS LLC