- Expired: March 16, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
INIT Innovations in Transportation, Inc. is looking for an Account Manager to join our sales team. We are an established industry-leader of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) systems for public transit INIT’s North American headquarters is in Chesapeake, Virginia and has been ranked as the #1 small company in Inside Business’ list of Best Places to Work for 4 years running and are now members of their “hall of fame”. To learn more, please visit our website at www.initusa.com.
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and nurturing strong customer relationships. Your primary objectives are to retain customer business and grow these opportunities, while balancing their needs with the goals of our organization. To do this, you must work closely with your customers, as well as with our sales engineers, project managers and customer support representatives. To be successful in this position, you must gain in-depth knowledge of our products, service and industry, be customer focused, be a strong communicator and be results oriented. Superior organizational skills and an attention to detail will be key to your success.
We’re looking for candidates that are located close to our Chesapeake, VA or Seattle, WA office or that can work remotely. Preference will be for candidates with significant public transit experience and a proven track record of working from home.
- Communicate regularly with your assigned accounts by phone, email and in-person visits to develop and close business opportunities.
- Prepare, co-ordinate and conduct presentations.
- Gather customer requirements, obtain quotes and estimates and prepare proposals in a timely manner.
- Act as your customer’s advocate and escalate issues when necessary.
- Attend 1-3 conferences per year.
- Achieve your annual sales quota.
- Communicate key business messages to our customers.
- Technical background with an aptitude for IT hardware & software.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to dig deep and ask questions to truly understand customer pain points and business requirements.
- Proven track record of managing multiple simultaneous projects and meeting deadlines.
- Strong relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills; ability to collaborate effectively with multiple teams.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, demanding and rapidly changing environment without close supervision.
- Passionate and motivated with a positive attitude.
- Ability to travel to customers and conferences in North America and HQ in Germany (~20%).
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline.
- At least 3 years of sales, account management and/or public transit expertise.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Powerpoint).
- Experience in the public transit industry preferred.
Come join a successful team with a pleasant working atmosphere and the opportunity for personal and professional growth within an open, collaborative, international culture. We offer Medical, Dental, Disability, Life insurance, generous Vacation and Sick leave, Community Service Day, Holidays, 401K and Employer matching.
To learn more, please visit our Careers page on our website at www.initusa.com.
INIT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERSee job description
INIT Innovations in Transportation, Inc.
Get fresh Sales Account Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.