Marketing & Promotions Designer - Good Food Industry
Do you enjoy working to cultivate brands? Would you like to use your mix of business, marketing, and design savvy to support brand lift and success in INFRA member stores? Join INFRA as a Promotions & Marketing Designer and grow your career doing work that matters.
INFRA is a cooperative association of more than 300 independently owned natural food retailers serving hundreds of communities in 45 states plus DC & Puerto Rico. Through collective buying power, operational support and exchange, events and education, and innovative marketing programs, we help member businesses thrive in step with their values and communities, a fast-changing industry, and the planet we share.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to design visually appealing and compelling promotional materials to support marketing campaigns, drive consumer engagement, and maximize promotions effectiveness. You will collaborate with vendors and members to build relationships and deliver strategic in-store marketing campaigns and promotions, all in support of brand promotional success in INFRA stores. If you are a business-minded person with a passion for design, a keen eye for aesthetics, a flair for creating impactful promotional materials, and you love the good food movement, start a conversation with your resume, portfolio link, and cover letter!
What you will own and improve:
- Brand & Promotional Marketing
- Collaborate with vendors, industry partners, and member stores to create mutually beneficial B2B and B2C campaigns that drive awareness, engagement, and meet objectives.
- Lead promotional programs and campaigns so that members can easily pass on promotions to their consumers and increase store performance. Manage campaigns at inception, through execution, and through post-campaign analysis. Measure results, identify opportunities, and communicate success stories.
- Partner with INFRA peers to develop vendor relationships that are aligned with collaborative INFRA and vendor goals.
- Support the Purchasing team in maximizing engagement in Vendor Opportunities Programs, as well as developing and implementing programs to diversify purchasing revenue streams.
- Design digital assets for online promotions in line with member and vendor needs. Includes social media ads, website banners, display ads, and landing page graphics. Optimize designs for various digital platforms and screen sizes to ensure a consistent and impactful user experience.
- Design & Creative
- Concept and create promotional collateral and materials such as brochures, flyers, posters, banners, and direct mail pieces. Develop engaging visuals and layouts that highlight product features, promotions, and key messaging to attract and inform defined audiences.
- Image Editing and Retouching: Edit and retouch product images, event photos, and other visual assets to enhance their quality, consistency, and visual impact. Optimize images for various platforms and channels, considering file sizes and load times.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to reach INFRA goals. Effectively communicate design concepts, timelines, and deliverables to ensure smooth project execution.
- Brand Consistency: Ensure brand consistency across all promotional materials and channels. Work closely with the marketing team to maintain and evolve our brand identity, guidelines, and design standards.
- Marketing Program Support
- Create and support INFRA projects & programs that support members with additional business marketing and design needs.
- Create content and contribute to all INFRA publications and platforms, including acting as a SME to support INFRA team in creating compelling program content.
- Create and facilitate design and promotional marketing focused educational outputs, such as webinars and Intensives (in-person and online).
- INFRA Marketing & Communications
- Apply design principles to create compelling visuals that drive INFRA audience engagement and brand awareness. Develop visually appealing and engaging INFRA content for print, digital, and social media applications, including marketing, copywriting, digital marketing, images, infographics, and videos.
*This role is fulltime exempt, located out of our St. Paul MN office, and part of our hybrid workforce, currently working at least 3 days in the office.
*Travel up to 15% may be required for this position.
What you already know:
- 3+ years of experience in marketing graphic design or production design, preferably in a vendor or brand promotions setting.
- Advanced training or Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Marketing or a related field, or 2 additional years of demonstrated design and marketing experience in a professional environment.
- Well-rounded portfolio demonstrating expertise in designing and presenting promotional materials and marketing collateral.
- Experience creating promotional materials connected to CPG retail performance and consumer preferences required.
- Understanding of association business model preferred.
- Tech-savvy. Proficiency in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and other relevant tools.
- Curious and always looking for new or different ways to reach goals or try new tactics.
- Excellent understanding of design principles, layout composition, typography, and color theory.
- Ability to conceptualize and translate ideas, data, and analytics into visually appealing designs that tell a story and align with marketing objectives.
- Familiarity with current design trends and best practices for digital and print media.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and motion graphics is a plus.
- How to deliver presentations that inspire and teach implementation of B2C Marketing best practices.
What you will learn:
- How INFRA is driven by member needs and opportunities, aspiring to bring them to the forefront of innovation. We have a diverse network of business partners, including vendors, members, and distributors. These partners have different sizes, needs, and cultures. You will use your understanding of B2C tactics to drive goals.
- The best topics to introduce to members, the most engaging experiences, and the how they retain knowledge from all of this to create a better retailer
- How to review analytics, understand the story inside them, and how to convert data into an actionable marketing strategy
- How to apply your innate ability to connect the dots to create the best results for multiple stakeholder groups.
INFRA is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We know that diversity of identities, experiences, and ways of thinking result in stronger lives for all our members and the communities we serve. Research shows that systemically excluded communities such as people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities may be less confident in applying for positions where as little as one skill doesn’t appear to fit – we welcome your resume and encourage you to apply.
INFRA is a mission-driven organization that strongly believes in rightful living. We provide our employees with robust technology, collaboration, professional development, hybrid work options, flexible schedules, work-life balance, and time in person with our tight-knit team and members. Each of us receives a full suite of employee benefits including Flexible Time Off; health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; a health savings account; a 401(k) retirement plan; and more.
INFRASaint Paul, MN
Arts and Entertainment
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.