Shipping and Receiving Clerk
INDUS Technology, Inc. Philadelphia, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Contingent Upon Contract Award
Job Title: Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Job Requisition Number: 20210209M5
Work Location (City, St where job will be performed): Philadelphia, PA / Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Philadelphia Division
Employment Type: Full-time
Pay Type: SCA/Hourly
Security Clearance: SECRET
Travel Required: Yes
The Shipping/Receiving Clerk performs clerical and physical tasks in connection with shipping goods of the establishment in which employed and receiving incoming shipments.
- Perform day-to-day, routine clerical and physical tasks pertaining to shipping and receiving goods following established guidelines.
- In handling unusual non-routine problems, specific guidance will be provided by supervisor or other officials.
- May direct and coordinate the activities of other workers engaged in handling goods to be shipped or being received.
- Shipping Duties: Verify that orders are accurately filled by comparing items and quantities of goods gathered for shipment against documents; insuring that shipments are properly packaged, identified with shipping information, and loaded into transporting vehicles, and preparing and keeping records of goods shipped, e.g., manifests, bills of lading.
- Receiving Duties: Verify the correctness of incoming shipments by comparing items and quantities unloaded against bills of lading, invoices, manifests, storage receipts, or other records, checking for damaged goods, insuring that goods are appropriately identified for routing to departments within the establishment, and preparing and keeping records of goods received.
Mandatory Skill Requirements (must have):
- 1 or more year of direct work experience pertaining to logistics, warehousing, supply chain management or related field.
- Obtain necessary MHE and motor vehicle licenses or certifications with 30 days of start date.
Education/Equivalent: High School Diploma
Special Considerations or Comments: Offer is contingent upon contract award and funding; LOI is required.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
INDUS Technology, Inc.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at INDUS Technology, Inc.