- Evaluate equipment for extraction and distillation of plant material. Build out extraction facilities and distillation labs.
- Direct and manage production team.
- Meet production goals within budget and develop superior quality product.
- Coordinate processes through planning with managers to insure objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Track production costs and overhead for management.
- Maintain facilities and equipment and implement a preventative equipment maintenance program.
- Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among team.
- Train, supervise, motivate and review production team.
- Work with managers to implement the company's policies and procedures.
- Ensure that proper health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Create production reports as needed.
- Be a positive team player when communicating within the company and industry.
- Abide by all State regulations, policies and procedures, including Good Manufacturing Practice (DS cGMP) and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Adhere to policies and procedures for all relevant Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) regulations.
- Deep understanding of extraction technologies including cold C02, supercritical CO2, ethanol, and other solvents.
- Deep understanding of decarboxylation process, distillation process, separation of botanical compounds by chromatography, thin film, wiped film distillation.
- Understanding and experience with HPLC, Gas Chromatography, SCC, and other analytical methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Discipline to work in a logical, systematic manner.
- Physical strength and dexterity to bend, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 50lbs is preferred.
Education and Qualifications
- BS in Chemical Engineering, or MS/PhD in Organic, or analytical Chemistry or biochemistry or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years of experience in a manufacturing/Lab environment.
- Other related experience or degrees are a plus:
- Experience working in a food processing or high-tech plant extraction facility.
- Additional degrees in biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemistry, Food Science/Technology or Process Engineering.
INDIA GLOBALIZATION CAPITAL INC
Why Work Here?We are a Maryland-based public company engaged in the development of cannabinoid-based combination therapies to treat pain, nausea, eating disorders, several endpoints of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's, and epilepsy in dogs and cats.
Public company engaged in new promising industry providing great work environment and leadership opportunities.