Senior Facility & Production Engineer
INDIA GLOBALIZATION CAPITAL INC Potomac, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- $85,000 to $150,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
- Evaluate equipment for extraction and distillation of plant material. Build out extraction facilities and distillation labs.
- Direct and manage production team.
- Meet production goals within budget and develop superior quality product.
- Coordinate processes through planning with managers to insure objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Track production costs and overhead for management.
- Maintain facilities and equipment and implement a preventative equipment maintenance program.
- Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among team.
- Train, supervise, motivate and review production team.
- Work with managers to implement the company's policies and procedures.
- Ensure that proper health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Create production reports as needed.
- Be a positive team player when communicating within the company and industry.
- Abide by all State regulations, policies and procedures, including Good Manufacturing Practice (DS cGMP) and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Adhere to policies and procedures for all relevant Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) regulations.
- Deep understanding of extraction technologies including cold C02, supercritical CO2, ethanol, and other solvents.
- Deep understanding of decarboxylation process, distillation process, separation of botanical compounds by chromatography, thin film, wiped film distillation.
- Understanding and experience with HPLC, Gas Chromatography, SCC, and other analytical methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Discipline to work in a logical, systematic manner.
- Physical strength and dexterity to bend, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 50lbs is preferred.
Education and Qualifications
- BS in Chemical Engineering, or MS/PhD in Organic, or analytical Chemistry or biochemistry or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years of experience in a manufacturing/Lab environment.
- Other related experience or degrees are a plus:
- Experience working in a food processing or high-tech plant extraction facility.
- Additional degrees in biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemistry, Food Science/Technology or Process Engineering.
INDIA GLOBALIZATION CAPITAL INCWhy Work Here?
Public company engaged in new promising industry providing great work environment and leadership opportunities.
We are a Maryland-based public company engaged in the development of cannabinoid-based combination therapies to treat pain, nausea, eating disorders, several endpoints of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's, and epilepsy in dogs and cats.
ManufacturingView all jobs at INDIA GLOBALIZATION CAPITAL INC