We will grow value through diversity by attracting, developing, and retaining individuals from a diverse pool of top talent who will drive our business, thrive in an innovative environment, understand our customers, and represent our communities. We consider applicants for all positions on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military/veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected classification.
Working as an Independent Living Instructor you'll provide instruction in life skills as well as support to maintain the health and independent status of adults with developmental disabilities living in their own homes.
Some of the areas you'll provide instruction and support in include:
* Meal Planning and Preparation
* Household Chores and Activity
* Personal Finances
* Safety Concerns
* Mental Health
* Interpersonal Relationships
* Housing Supports and Relocation Services
1. Previous experience in providing instruction to adults with disabilities in community settings.
2. Must be willing to drive own car (mileage reimbursement available) and have a clean driving record
3. AA degree preferred or college coursework in social work, social services or a related field. Must have your high school diploma.
4. Must be committed to the philosophy of person-centered services and community inclusion.
5. Able to complete mandatory training's
6. Good Communication with supervisor, participants, and others involved in the circle of support
7. Good personal boundaries and mature work ethic
8. Good computer and writing skills desired with ability to complete time sensitive paperwork
9. Ability to work independently with little supervision but also closely reporting to supervisor, etc.
10. The position requires monthly paperwork and facilitation of semi-annual and annual meetings with the support team of the person served.
11. We ask for a one year commitment
Keyword: TRAINING, TRAINER, MENTOR, LIVING, SKILLS