Sr Account Director - 1079516
- Posted: over a month ago
Our client company is one of the large grocery chains that has grown into include more than 90 plus stores across the US. The annual range of revenue is $100-$500 million. They are looking for a candidate for the Senior Accountant Director position.
The director is responsible for all Accounting and Financial functions for the Company, including month-end closings with preparation of financial statements/monthly reports, cash management, cost analysis, productivity measures/KPIs, inventory, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable. management of accounting/ finance staff of 40-45 team members in Headquarter and Regional Offices.
- Manage Accounting Department of 40-45 team members including directors, managers and team leaders.
- Ensure deadlines and due dates are met in a timely manner by all members of the department.
- Complete and deliver monthly financial statements and other business related reports for the consolidated and individual retail entities to CEO, President, CFO and other senior members of the company.
- Conduct analysis of prior vs. current year & Actual v Budget of financial statements, KPIs and other reports including preparation of the summary analysis notes and departmental results that accompany monthly financial statements.
- Participate in monthly presentation of the financial reports to CEO, President, CFO and other senior members of the Company
- Insure timely completion of the multi-location physical inventory process (both retail store and distribution centers).
- Review financial reports, identifying and recommending appropriate corrective actions.
- Work closely with external CPA firm to ensure timely and efficient annual audits and completion of the quarterly financial statements for the Lenders.
- Assist in preparation and evaluation of the budgets, forecasts, performance KPIs, and other financial operating reports, working closely with Corporate Retail store management on the various assumptions underlying the budget.
- Monitor daily reconciliation of the sales receipts performed by the Revenue Accounting group.
- Monitor accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure that all A/P invoicing and A/R billing are accurate and timely. Oversees A/R collections & write-offs with Accounting Manager.
- Analyze and make recommendations for accounting controls, practices, processes, reporting and documentation improvements to streamline work within the Accounting Department.
- Work with IT Department on enhancing current and creating new internal reporting tools in
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting. MS in Accounting, MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience for mid to large size companies. Multi-location Retail experience a huge plus and preferred.
- Proficient in Korean and English
- MUST be a team player Hands-on, analytical and energetic.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that is deadline driven.
- Driver of change and process improvement.
- Limited travel required
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?