Senior Medical Director
Location: Stamford, CT
The Senior Medical Director is responsible for providing direction in support of the clients marketing goals. The Senior Medical Director will develop and oversee projects that demand a high degree of scientific and/or technical understanding. Central to respective account and editorial teams in this regard. The Medical Writer should be able to support and Managing Directors and/ or other staff with new business development.
· A key responsibility of the Senior Medical Director is to ensure that clients are pleased with deliverables IMsci provides from scientific and marketing basis, and if not, to identify and remedy this.
· The Senior Medical Director is ultimately knowledgeable with therapeutic areas in which he or she works. The Senior Medical Director should be able to install confidence in the client and physician advisors to the extent that counsel on issues of content and scientific viability in educational and promotional materials is seriously needed. The Senior Medical Director should be able to guide the client and physician advisors on specialty areas of scientific communications, such as publications strategies, and their execution, CME programs, on-line computer communication, and other specialized medical communication vehicles.
· The Senior Medical Director will be responsible for the development of scientific content across all areas of medical education. This includes but not limited to, advisory boards, slide kits, educational monographs, publication Plans, symposia, faculty meetings, scientific message development, and opinion leader’s identification and management.
· The Senior Medical Director will advise the client on how science can augment their marketing efforts and support development of strategies and tactical plans. In the process of developing clients ‘existing projects, the Senior Medical Director should maintain a view toward identifying new business needs and opportunities.
· The Senior Medical Director works with Account and Editorial services in a team environment. As a manager, their expertise will be critical to the training of more junior team members. The medical director should be instrumental in helping to identify staffing needs and maintain staffing efficiencies.
· The Senior Medical Director is accountable for the client satisfaction, scientific accuracy and rigor, and strategic and creative excellence of all projects and proposals for which he/she is responsible.
· The Senior Medical Director is accountable for delivering agreed to projects on time.
· The Senior Medical Director is critical to the maintenance and development of business and is accountable for the success of IMSci/ client relationships
· Accountable for demonstrating leadership
· Accountable for team training and morale
· Because of the level of familiarity with scientific and clinical material required for the position, the Senior Medical Director should have proven background in science and /or medicine, preferably in a are compatible to one or more key therapeutic areas. A postgraduate degree beyond MS Level is preferred ( PhD, PharmD, MD, etc.) with first-hand research or clinical practice experience. Publications in the scientific/ Medical peer- reviewed ligature are desirable.
· The Senior Medical Director will have at least 8 years’ experience in the application of his or her scientific/ medical expertise in the marketing environment and proven understanding of CME accreditation procedures, journal publishing, and all current and emerging academic and clinical communication vehicles.
· The Senior Medical Director will be able to provide guidance to account and editorial teams on projects development.
· The Senior Medical Director will be able to help identify opportunities for business growth as the bond with the client.
· The Senior Medical Director must display willingness to work overtime, attend off-hours events, and travel extensively domestically and internationally.