Director of Marketing and Communications -
The Director will help promote IMS’ products and services. The Director will serve as the primary in the proposal development process. The Director will be responsible for estimating the demand for the corporation’s products and services and discovering new market segments that would be interested in utilizing IMS’ services. The Director will help keep an eye on trends that indicate a need for emerging products and services and oversee new product development.
This position will work in close proximity to other directors and top-level executives. There also tends to be a lot of pressure to meet deadlines and goals, so the Director sometimes may be required to work long hours. Considerable travel may be necessary in order to attend meetings with others in the field or to conduct research into emerging market trends.
- Responsibilities include managing the Marketing/Proposal Writing Team in the proposal development process for released programmatics, RFIs, RFPs, etc.
- Analyzes RFPs and works with management to prepare proposal outlines and ensure compliancy with RFP requirements.
- Establishes, distributes, and manages proposal schedules for established deadlines.
- Monitors status of proposal development related documents for completeness and compliance with RFP requirements.
- Works closely with Business Development Director, Vice Presidents/Directors, and Project Managers to ensure all required elements/relevant information and updated resumes (both company and personnel-oriented), project descriptions and technical information are incorporated within each proposal.
- Works with Business Development Director to ensure that marketing/business development database is complete and updated regularly.
- Directs development of reports, proposal materials, templates and other data to support the proposal process.
- Communicates necessary document edits and updates with various (Directors, Sr. Engineers, Executives).
- Works with Business Development Director to prepare final revisions and submission of proposals.
- Additional proposal development roles may include leading and participating in proposal reviews/presentations, preparing for and/or participating in onsite/”short listed” interviews with clients, technical writing and editing, and desktop publishing as needed.
- Provides support for Go/No Go and project kickoff coordination.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field preferred.
- 7+ years of related (proposal preparation) experience required (experience in an A/E firm a strong plus.)
- Demonstrated understanding of proposal development process and management techniques.
- Complete understanding of RFP structure and the ability to review and assess RFP requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat; experience with Microsoft Project, and InDesign is a plus.
- Strong leadership, organizational, planning, and time management skills; the ability to multi-task and work against strict deadlines is critical.
- Strict attention to detail; ability to review and edit proposal content for compliancy, clarity, and proper use of terminology.
- Availability and willingness to work long hours on short notice during high volume proposal development periods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management and interact with the various divisions from an internal customer service approach/perspective.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team.