IMS Technology Services, Inc. is seeking a dynamic Software Developer to assist our team in our growth strategies. We are a fast growing technology company that focuses on event staging, systems integration, managed services and content creation for enterprise level accounts and prestigious higher education institutions. Established in 1994, we have grown every year we have been in existence. We have achieved the Inc5000 eight times in the past nine years. We attribute our growth to our people.
Position Accountabilities and Expectations:
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Software Developer is a senior-level technician with experience in system installation, cabling, wiring and troubleshooting audio visual systems or IT networks that has a passion for the development of software solutions for control or sound processing over such systems. This person would be responsible for configuring, editing, debugging and standardizing proprietary control or sound processing interfaces, different communication technologies, and additional software interfaces, such as digital signage.
- With expert detail, complete via paper, PC or mobile device all forms and documentation related to the entire test and tune process that is performed in the field on all systems.
- Configure all devices installed to their optimal settings.
- Load and configure Control & DSP codes.
- Thoroughly test and force-fail all systems for quality control purposes both in-house and on-site. Communicate via email and phone with Software Developers, Lead Installers and Installation Manager as to conditions with the systems or troubleshooting techniques performed.
- Open service tickets with manufacturers, and troubleshoot with manufacturers while on site via phone.
- Communicate via email and phone with Service Department personnel on system settings and conditions upon completion of system commissioning.
- Communicate via email and phone with Systems and Design Engineering about system operational questions or concerns.
What you will bring:
- 5+ Years Commercial Audio-Visual installation experience, including low voltage experience
- Certified Crestron Programmer required
- Preferred certification, knowledge and understanding of Crestron, BiAmp, AMX, and/or ClearOne software, and acquire other certification and/or training as business need arises
- Strong understanding of network standards and practices
- Experience with line of business databases and data management
- Expert audio visual system design and function
- Expert reading, understanding audio visual engineering drawings
- Thorough knowledge of Crestron, BiAmp, Kramer Electronics and/or ClearOne products and software
- Thorough knowledge of Polycom, Cisco, Scopia and/or Vidyo products and software
- Thorough knowledge of Panasonic, Sharp, and/or Samsung displays
- Self-motivated employee who enjoys working with teams
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and convey a thorough understanding of system requirements and complex functionality to internal and external clients
- On the job training is on-going at IMS Audio-Visual and development of the role will be ever evolving and challenging.
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record