IMPCO is a world leader in the manufacture of alternative fuel systems for the industrial and power generation markets. Not only are we a high-powered growth organization making dynamic products, we are also helping to make the world a better place to live.
We currently have an opening for a Mechanical/Electro-mechanical Design Engineer. Please see the below job description.
The candidate will be responsible for the design, development, validation, and production release of mechanical and electro-mechanical gaseous fuel system components for mobile and stationary IC engines.
This engineering position requires excellent interpersonal skills, creativity and a relentless attitude to achieve and exceed the company targets. This position requires knowledge of structural design, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, materials and manufacturing technologies and a solid understanding of electrical engineering.
The Mechanical/Electro-mechanical Design Engineer will always represent the Company professionally. Act legally and ethically, respecting customers and partners while acting in the best interest of the Company.
The position requires active participation in small and large projects, including the preparation and maintenance of ISO and PPAP related materials such as DFMEA, BOM creation, PFMEA and performance/validation records.
In addition, this position is responsible for post launch engineering support.
- · Creates concepts of new products from scratch or leveraging on existing designs when appropriate. Creatively addresses technical issues with innovative and cost effective solutions.
- · Prepares and manages comprehensive project development plans. Prioritizes and coordinates development, testing & validation, and production release activities for new and existing products.
- · Performs FEA (Finite Element Analysis) and CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics simulation) studies and is able to extrapolate meaningful conclusions. Creates data and uses appropriate statistical analysis techniques to extrapolate conclusions.
- · Develops 3D models and 2D drawings, BOMs, ES (engineering specifications) and testing procedures/calibrations to support the industrialization process for new or modified products.
- · Supports the prototype procurement process, managing existing suppliers while developing new vendors. Experiments and introduces new manufacturing technologies and materials for better performance and lower cost.
- · Assemble and test prototype units to validate concepts and generate the required test data to guide the development process and demonstrate component durability and performance.
- · Prepares and updates all engineering design documentation for submission through the Company Engineering change/release process. Creates and uses best practice tools and techniques such as DFMEA, PFMEA and performance/validation records.
- · Supports sales efforts and directly respond to field/customer and vendor inquiries. Prepares and presents technical/commercial information as appropriate for new and existing programs. Facilitates the appropriate application of the company’s product.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · BS Electrical Engineering, BS Aerospace Engineering or BS Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering.
- · MS in related field desirable
- · Three to five years’ experience in mechanical, mechatronics or robotics engineering required.
- · Proficient in Solidworks, FEA and CFD software.
- · Knowledge of measurement techniques and instrumentation
- · Demonstrated knowledge of DFMEA and PFMEA.
- · Demonstrated experience with gaseous or pneumatic regulation and/or metering systems.
- · Knowledge and hands-on experience of Internal Combustion Engines and emission related issues required.
- · Ability to work co-operatively with co-workers, vendors, and customers.
- · Excellent emotional intelligence (EI), written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- · Relentless, Self-starter, self-learner and self-motivated, able to grow and develop opportunities.
- · Obsessed with conquering complexity and finding creative solutions to achieve goals.
- · Able to deliver high quality work while working in a fast paced environment.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
This position performs some sedentary office work and requires the ability to move throughout the building to interact with employees/vendors. The position answers telephone calls, bends, reaches and pushes and pulls file drawers. This position uses a computer terminal to access, input and retrieve data. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. May be required to work