ImmunoActiva is an exciting San Diego-based cancer immunotherapy startup in stealth mode. We are expanding our team and are seeking a Research Assistant I with interest in cancer research.
The position will involve working under the supervision of an experienced Scientist. In this role the candidate will develop and characterize cell lines using various techniques. The candidate must have excellent aseptic technique and have experience with mammalian cell culture. Experience with GLP and/or GMP is a plus.
Responsibilities/ Job Description:
- Aseptic formulation of tissue culture media.
- Culture of human tumor cell lines.
- Cryopreservation and thawing of human tumor cell lines.
- Develop standard operating procedures.
- Perform immunologic and cellular characterization.
- Execute molecular and cellular laboratory procedures.
- Maintain accurate laboratory records.
- Maintain tissue culture disposables supply and reagent inventory.
- Work under the supervision of an experienced scientist.
- Work as a team. Collaborate with others within the laboratory.
- Work with vendors to evaluate new equipment and reagents.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant scientific literature.
- Experience in cell biology techniques including aseptic cell culture and cryopreservation.
- Prior experience with cell-based functional assays is preferred.
- Excellent organization skills, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to think creatively and solve problems.
- Knowledge of GLP and/or GMP is desirable.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload upon changing priorities.
- “Can-do” attitude, good work ethic, and passion about science and serving patients.
- BS in Cellular Biology or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 years of laboratory experience.
- Minimum 1 years of mammalian cell culture experience.
- Industry experience preferred.
Desired Major(s): Microbiology, Biomedical Sciences, Immunology, Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biology: General