- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Operational Excellence Manager will oversee the production process in accordance with set standards and norms, with the goal of producing the highest quality, lowest cost product in a safe and clean environment by employing lean manufacturing principles. This is a high-energy leadership job that necessitates a commitment to Continuous Improvement as well as the capacity to drive change. This is accomplished by the strategic application of other Continuous Improvement tools and processes, as well as the use of Lean manufacturing concepts.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote & maintain awareness and compliance with HSE standards in accordance with company standards and legal requirements.
- Actively participate in the site senior leadership team to implement best practices, compliance initiatives, auditing systems, risk mitigation plans, etc. to meet site strategy and goals.
- Lead the Operational leadership team to drive breakthrough change and meet all financial and production commitments through standard work process and maintaining optimal staff utilization across the site.
- Lead the manage the manufacturing engineering and maintenance teams to drive process improvements and developments that address Safety, Quality and productivity.
- Provide operational/manufacturing support to the new product development process and utilizing the methods of Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP). Monitor and review manufacturing operations to ensure correct quality standards.
- Act as a change agent and create a culture of engagement by leading & coaching high-impact cross-functional teams to utilize the Lean Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies to deliver significant value to the business who can operate efficiently, effectively, productively, and cost effectively.
- Drive and improve company KPIs – SQDCP (Safety, Quality Delivery, Cost and Productivity). through problem-solving, lean manufacturing, and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Develop expense budgets, capital budgets, operating plan metrics and develop methods to track and execute for adherence and accountability to the financial plans.
- Demonstrate positive relations, leadership, and teamwork as established in the IMI Way within the organization.
- Develop People – collaborate with all levels, from front-line to management, to increase maturity and understanding of Continuous Improvement
- Evaluate the performance of all team members and develop improvement & training plans, where necessary.
- Drive fact-based decision making and breakthrough change throughout the organization by using systematic, disciplined and data-driven processes incorporating root cause analysis, basic problem-solving tools such as 5 Why analysis, fishbone diagrams, etc. to identify and permanently eliminate issues
- Evaluate organization-wide value streams and lead initiatives to yield increased productivity, efficiency, and customer satisfaction
- Facilitate and/or support Kaizen events to improve flow, reduce waste, and standardize work, while reducing lead-times and work-in-process. Utilize various lean techniques including value stream mapping, office layout, and process improvements, standardized work, etc.
- Act as a change agent and create a culture of engagement by leading & coaching high-impact cross-functional teams to utilize the Lean Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies to deliver significant value to the business who can operate efficiently, effectively, productively, and cost-effectively.
- Collaborate with key process owners across the organization to plan, lead and implement strategic business improvement processes, policies and procedures.
- Develop, plan, implement, and manage improvement projects at the site level that address product and process improvement projects (such as Value Engineering – VAVE) to drive margin improvement, in all areas of manufacturing in support of the overall strategic business objectives.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Logistics Management, or equivalent required – MBA a plus.\
- Minimum 8 years of manufacturing operations management experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with coordinating and facilitating successful continuous improvement teams.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex situations and collect data to establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Well versed in the theory of constraints and Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Flexibility to adjust work hours and travel to meet manufacturing schedule requirements.
- Possess proven project management skills.
- Must maintain high ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/initiatives within budget limits and time constraints.
Skills and Competencies
- Understanding of leadership principles and management best practice, as well as health and safety best practice and legislation.
- Proven skills in driving process improvements through the use of LEAN manufacturing and continuous tools such as Value Stream Mapping, Statistical Process Control, 5S programs, Set-Up Reduction and Total Preventative Maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Supply Chain practices.
- Experience in operating within ISO Quality Management System.
- Think laterally and act through reasoned decision making to work productively, efficiently, and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent presentation/facilitation, organizational, analytical, and written/oral communication skills.
Computers and Technology
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Experience in MRP/ERP systems
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- Multiple health plans to choose from: HMO, PPO and High Deductible Health Plans with a low-cost share
- Full suite of voluntary benefits to tap into, including but not limited to: Pet insurance, critical illness insurance, concierge services, legal insurance, commuter benefits (if applicable), and home & auto insurance.
- Employer contribution for Health Savings Account, and in many cases free virtual telemedicine, and teletherapy.
- Best-in-class 401K plan with zero vesting and up to 6% contribution matching.
- Mental Health and wellness programs to support you and your family.
- Short & long-term disability as well as basic life insurance at 2x your basic salary at no cost to the employee.
- Free financial advisors, webinars, and classes through Charles Schwab.
You should be proficient in:
- Lean Manufacturing
- Operations Analysis
- Budgeting / Forecasting
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- ERP Software
$52.88 - $57.69 / hr
BusinessView all jobs at IMI Norgren