Global Key Account Manager, Process Control (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
IMI is a global engineering group focused on the precise control and movement of fluids in critical applications. We work with international companies in over 50 countries to deliver innovative engineering solutions to address global trends such as clean energy, energy efficiency, healthcare and increasing automation.
The Group serves large global markets including Industrial Automation, Transportation, Process and Life Science industries. The Company’s heritage spans over 150 years during which time it has established a strong international reputation for excellence and innovation.IMI Precision Engineering
The Precision Engineering Division specializes in the design and manufacture of pneumatic motion and flow control technologies for applications where precision, speed and reliability are essential. Our mission is to create sustainable advantage for our customers by employing our knowledge of motion and fluid control technologies, in industries such as industrial automation, commercial vehicles, energy, rail and life science industries.
The Global KAM will manage strategic international customers with global footprints. The Global KAM will partner internally and externally with globally located stakeholders to scale develop and maintain strategic accounts to ensure world class customer experience and profitable growth. and delivering our growth strategy. This role will report directly to the Global Key Account Sales Lead for Process Control.
Willing to travel; both domestically and world-wide. May include up to 70% travel.KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Global KAM, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Develop new contacts between culturally diverse external and internal key stakeholders
- Effectively leverage the strengths and breadth of the organization by building and managing an effective network of connections within the key account at all levels
- Promote the wider Norgren portfolio of products and solutions and effectively communicate the value propositions to the client and key stakeholders
- Identify and satisfy customer requirements to build world class customer experience and meet the needs of valued business opportunities that delivers profitable growth
Sale & Negotiate
- Sales, contract negotiation with extended Delegation Of Authority, coordination and budgeting for the Global Key Accounts
- Pricing coordination, forecasting and demand planning, problem solving,
- Drive global relationship management and negotiate key relationship contracts, e.g. partnership contracts
- Mapping addressable market and future profitable opportunities
- Focus on value-added propositions based on a deep understanding of customers’ and sometimes customers’ customers objectives and strategy, and a good intuition regarding long term trends and perspectives
- Developing a qualified pipeline in-line with the corporate strategy
- Develop & animate the Strategic Account Development Plan at both global and regional level, and ensure global execution with regional support
Set milestones and KPI
- Provide the Global Key Account with the right level of Service Coordinate activities
- Partner with all regional and global teams and stakeholders to drive the sales activities within the Key Account
- Coordinate activities of Marketing including valued engineering and innovation projects
- Use communication and influencing skills to effectively utilize internal resources and maximize selling time
Report & Analyse
- Provide feedback using verbal and written reporting on Key Account’s business, projects, issues, competitor activity, etc…to internal key stakeholders
- Report regular business results
- Develop and maintain a rounded understanding of the sales positioning
- Maintain and share a high level of business knowledge including market and competitor activity
- Create and manage sales and project pipelines for Global Key Account
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management, Marketing, Engineering or similar required.
- A minimum of 7 years Key Account Management experience. Prior international work experience preferred.
- Solid track record of individual and team quarterly and annual financial targets
- Hands-on experience developing account plans and strategies for growth
- Outstanding interpersonal skills in networking, relationship building and negotiating.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience presenting to C-level executives.
- Should have Leadership Persuasion quality
- Systematic thinking in Sales Management, Strategy Execution and Collaborative Innovation
- Proven track record of successful customer negotiations and solid understanding of contracting terms and their implications.
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal and external customers and bring multiple business opportunities to close. Proven ability to influence and work collaboratively to drive accountability and performance through others without direct authority.
- Strategic thinking and ability to create value through differentiation between IMI Precision Engineering products and competitors.
- Strong self-management and collaborating skills. Must have a drive for winning and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Deliver results by showing the ability to set initiatives that deliver profitable growth in order to secure a sustainable competitive advantage.
- A positive can do/ will do attitude and ability to think outside the box and work calmly under pressure.
- Demonstrates ability to engage the customer in the account planning and solution development process and works collaboratively to identify and present value-based solutions. Ability to drive commitments and develop a strong sales pipeline.
- Takes personal accountability for achieving results and can “win” at each stage of the customer's buying process, and ultimately earn the business on the right terms.
Health, Safety and Environmental Duties – All employees have the duty to ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves, others, and the environment.CHANGES TO THIS JOB DESCRIPTION:
IMI Precision Engineering may amend this job description in whole or part at any time.
IMI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
IMI Americas Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at IMI Americas Inc.