IMI Americas Inc. Crete, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Norgren is part of global engineering organization IMI plc. IMI is at the forefront of delivering the solutions we need in a changing world and is focused on creating tremendous value by solving key industry problems in attractive markets and working with the best.
Norgren has a proud history of creating innovative engineering solutions in precise motion control and fluid technology, and we collaborate with our customers across more than 50 countries in critical areas such as Factory Automation, Material Handling, Rail, Energy, Process Control, Life Science and Commercial Vehicles.
The General Manager (GM) position directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibility for production, quality, finance, HR, maintenance, and other production related activities. The incumbent is personally responsible for employee engagement and the well-being of all company assets on site.
The GM functions as the P&L leader and key decision maker on strategic and on-going business matters affecting the facility. The incumbent will plan, determine, and establish long-range and short-term manufacturing objectives consistent with expected customer demand and forecasts, current backlog, inventory goals and plant capacity. In addition, they monitor and manage workforce levels and productivity, machine uptime and productivity and manufacturing space and capacities.
The GM ensures the safety and well-being of all employees’ in the workplace while assuring all safety regulations are followed.
Division Information: Industrial Automation
Helping to improve performance and reduce downtime and energy consumption on production lines across the world. Bringing added value benefits to all industries – including auto in-plant, machine tools and general industry – our high performance products cover valves, valve islands, proportional and pressure monitoring controls and air preparation products, as well as a comprehensive selection of pneumatic actuators – rodless, compact, roundline and rotary.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate in the organizational culture of no tolerance with respect to health and safety and maintain a focused goal of zero LTA’s.
- Leads the organization on its LEAN journey through practice, training, facilitation, and support. Drives continuous improvement in productivity, efficiency, and quality.
- Ensure cost effective operations in all areas of the facility by providing overall direction and guidance to management in their budgeting and planning decisions.
- Increase return on investment through strategic planning and forecasting. Develop and control profits, plans, and budgets.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages, salaries, and turnover.
- Assure products continue to meet the Precision Engineering standards of quality, safety, and performance through continuous training, motivation, and problem solving.
- Partner with engineering, sales and customer services to develop and lead the business to ensure customer satisfaction, market share gains and profitable growth.
- Ensure an effective and harmonious organization that provides for the development of management and continued orderly management succession.
- Communicates with senior management progress, tactics and strategies to meet established goals.
- Manages the business to comply with all company policies, procedures, ethical standards and the regulations of local government.
- Other duties, projects and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor from time to time.
- 10+ years of relevant operational experience, preferably in a LEAN manufacturing environment.
- B.A. / B.S. Engineering preferred
- Master’s Degree – Business Administration – not required but a plus
- LEAN manufacturing certification
Skills and competencies:
- Communication Skills – Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos in native and the English language. Ability to effectively present information, in written or oral manner, in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Decision making – ability to gather input quickly and efficiently from various sources to make informed business decisions.
- Leadership Skills – must be aligned with the principals outlined IMI Way. Organizationally savvy and creative. Strong communicator. Demonstrated ability to forge and maintain effective and influential internal and external working relationships.
- Problem Solving and Analysis – history of utilizing LEAN tools for problem solving and analysis.
- Financial Management – demonstrated history of achieving optimum profit and business growth through effective planning, cost control and/or full P&L leadership.
- Technology Skills – proficient with ERP, MRP and Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Outlook) systems and tools.
IMI Americas Inc.
RetailView all jobs at IMI Americas Inc.