IMI Americas Inc. Farmington, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
Norgren is part of global engineering organization IMI plc. IMI is at the forefront of delivering the solutions we need in a changing world and is focused on creating tremendous value by solving key industry problems in attractive markets and working with the best.
Norgren has a proud history of creating innovative engineering solutions in precise motion control and fluid technology, and we collaborate with our customers across more than 50 countries in critical areas such as Factory Automation, Material Handling, Rail, Energy, Process Control, Life Science and Commercial Vehicles.
The Buyer II will provide day-to-day tactical procurement support for the purchase of materials, components, services, and supplies in support of the manufacturing operation. Provide procurement support to ensure the use of suppliers of best performance to Norgren relative to quality, on-time delivery, total cost, and service. Individual must be able to effectively and efficiently communicate information internally and externally. This individual will purchase components and materials from external suppliers as well as Norgren intercompany suppliers as well as Norgren intercompany suppliers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Follow-up and expedite open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide support for supplier consolidation and rationalization eff orts.
- Develop, establish, and maintain supplier performance measurements as needed to support the objectives of the divisions.
- Communicate company requirements (price, delivery, specification revision) via timely and accurate transmission of purchase orders and change orders to suppliers.
- Collect purchase order acknowledgements and advanced shipment notifications (ASN's) from suppliers as per company requirements. File with purchase order documents.
- Communicate any supplier capacity constraints or lead time issues to the Planning Department so they can manage appropriately.
- Configure/improve logistics routes to balance the needs of the business and optimize total cost.
- Manage and close out accounts payable issues to ensure timely and correct payment of invoices.
- Update JOE data (supplier lead times, pricing, economic order quantities, pay terms, Free on Board (FOB) terms, own all part parameters, etc.).
- Communicate supplier performance successes/issues to Category Managers as an input regarding overall supplier performance .
- Provide pertinent and timely information to suppliers such as demand forecasts (as provided by planning) to assist suppliers in their capacity and material planning.
- Plan and manage inventory position and inventory turns.
- Negotiate and place orders with mills preferred suppliers.
- Prepare purchase orders, claims, vendor agreements, bids, proposals, etc.
- Expedite shipments to assure parts are delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meet quality standards.
- Research and resolve product claims, invoicing discrepancies, etc.
- Prepare and maintain monthly reports such as forecasts, stock-out statistics, supplier on-time delivery, parts per million, and scorecard.
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge and skill with purchasing modules of any business enterprise software system used by the division, and update same based on the changing needs of the division.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics/Operations, Engineering, or other related field preferred.
- A minimum of three years of procurement or other supply chain related experience required.
Computers and Technology
Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) .Certifications
APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) certification preferred.Supervisory Responsibilities
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Norgren is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
IMI Americas Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at IMI Americas Inc.