IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with hiring managers to gain a strong understanding of the business and respective resource requirements and candidate profiles
- Determine best course of action for external talent acquisition ranging from traditional staffing strategies to unique sourcing strategies for highly specialized technical roles, such as Marketing, Information Technology, Post Production, Legal, etc.
- Provide on-going consultation and guidance to hiring managers as job responsibilities change/evolve over time due to business growth status and modify recruiting strategies as appropriate
- Develop and implement pro-active sourcing strategies to ensure on-going pipeline of external candidates and balanced speed/quality of source to hire turnaround
- Lead/manage all aspects of recruiting ranging from sourcing best talent, conducting effective and insightful screening, making candidate recommendations to hiring managers, coordinating the interview process, ensuring strong candidate experience
- Act as liaison between hiring manager and Director, Talent Acquisition to develop compelling offer details
- Meet regularly with hiring managers and Director, Talent Acquisition to provide progress updates on requisition status, calibrate on targeted candidate profiles, seek out feedback on quality of candidate slates and align on potential changes in course of action and next steps as necessary
- Ensure compliance of all legal aspects of recruiting and candidate selection
- Work with Director, Talent Acquisition to manage strategic sourcing partner relationships as required to fulfill unique staffing requirements and enhance diversity of candidate pools
- Manage projects related to recruitment i.e. social media optimization, etc.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree (Business Administration or HR Management preferred)
- 5-7 years of professional experience, with a minimum of 5 years as a Recruiter specializing in attracting talent local to the LA area in the entertainment space
- Broad range of recruiting experience across core functions and levels with primary emphasis on Marketing, Post Production and IT, but also to include experience recruiting management and above level candidates
- Proven track record sourcing and hiring passive candidates
- Proficiency in deep sourcing skills to identify and attract the best talent; includes but not limited to sourcing candidates on industry and social media websites (LinkedIn) etc.
- Proven track record of delivering quality service to hiring managers in a growing company with a very fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel)
- Experience with applicant tracking systems
The ideal candidate will have:
- Client Management skills
- Sense of urgency and priority management
- Pro-active insights and strategic thinking
- Business acumen
- Agility and flexibility
- Oral and written communication
- Creative and innovative thinking
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.