- Posted: over a month ago
Our Assembler position offers challenging work in a team environment. The position provides opportunity to work primarily in house, with occasional travel to customer sites. Our schedules allow our Assemblers to leave early on Fridays and offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, paid holidays, time off, matching 401K and profit sharing.
Responsible for complete machine assembly, including picking, assembly, quality testing and other miscellaneous functions as required for the IMA North America operations at Leominster, Massachusetts. Position assumes ownership for added value to the assembly process. Employees in this position must have the ability to work well under pressure, adhere to deadlines and the ability to be flexible.
Primary duties and Responsibilities:
· Manufacture, fit and assemble a variety of machines, assemblies and sub-assemblies per specifications and tolerances determined by engineering drawings. Parts and assemblies may require close tolerances, with fitting, drilling and reaming being an essential function of the assembler.
· Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams, schematics and mechanical drawings. Must have the capability to troubleshoot all aspects of problems related to electrical wiring.
· Must be willing to pick, check and inspect parts from the stockroom, reporting any discrepancies to the Production Manager.
· All completed assemblies or sub-assemblies must be tested and run where applicable to ensure they meet all tolerances and specifications as required. If machine tolerances and specifications are not found, repair, rework or rebuild as required to meet industry standards.
· Report to Production Manager all part and design errors that occur frequently to see if modifications (ECN’s) are needed.
· Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
· Follow processes and procedures outlined by the Production Manager.
· Stay compliant with all corporate policies and procedures.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
· Must supply own tools.
· Must be able to work overtime.
· Must be willing to travel to customer site for installations and service issues.
· Must perform all other duties as assigned by Production Manager.
Specific Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
Employees should at all times have a positive attitude, and the ability to work as a team member, exhibit zero tolerance for repeated errors and poor quality workmanship. They must come in each day with a “can do” attitude; to strive for continuous improvement and excellence on each assignment.
Education Experience and/ or Certification Required and Preferred:
Assemblers will have a minimum of five (5) years manufacturing experience with a strong mechanical and electrical skill set. They must have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at one time, to communicate well with others, to stay organized and to apply good time management skills in an intense, fast-paced, lean work environment. Also required is the capability to be resourceful and to act independently (when appropriate), but to be quick to recognize when the production or engineering managers need to be consulted.
Physical Requirements of Position:
Assemblers must have the physical ability sufficient to effectively walk, stand, or sit for long periods of time, have good communication skills to interact positively with others, will be required to handle periodic lifting of up to 50 lbs., to travel approximately 5-10 % of the time as needed and work frequent overtime as required.
Established in 1961 in Italy, IMA is a world leader in the design and manufacture of automatic machines for the processing and packaging of pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food, tea and coffee. IMA is a global pharmaceutical supplier with the widest range of state of the art processing and packaging systems.
With over 5,100 employees and 38 manufacturing production facilities worldwide, IMA’s position of leadership is the result of significant investment in R&D and the ability to offer tailor-made solutions to satisfy the most sophisticated market requirements. These include cutting edge R&D laboratories and continuous product innovation with over 1,400 patents worldwide.
IMA North America Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?